TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Thread: Taking a closer look at quarterback play from last year

Default Re: Taking a closer look at quarterback play from last year

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Yes and you will see some of it. Obviously I don't know what your meaning of 11 personnel is. Please enlighten me.
    11 refers to the personnel package. 11 = 1 RB and 1 TE. This also tells you that there are 3 WRs on the field

Buzz was saying that DeBesse tends to favor different personnel packages than we did under Ruse, meaning you'll probably see 21 personnel more often than not (2 RBs and 1 TE, which gives you 2 WRs). Or at least something of that nature with more RBs on the field.

Not sure what your implying or why your asking a question like this on a college sports message board. I would think this is the kind of stuff that gets you kicked off the board.
    Surely you can’t be serious.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Yes and you will see some of it. Obviously I don't know what your meaning of 11 personnel is. Please enlighten me.
    If we see a lot of power, then we won’t be seeing what DeBesse ran at UNM.

Eaglewraith has already enlightened you about 11 personnel. UNM didn’t use it very much except for on passing downs.

He may have over-sold his point, but Buzz was correct about the resemblance between DeBesse’s offense and what we ran last season. The difference is that DeBesse has a sophisticated understanding of how to build an option attack around an IZ read, while Cook and Co apparently didn’t. DeBesse was much more dedicated to option at UNM than Ruse was here. UNM ran IZ-based triple option plays about as much as PJ ran the inside veer back in his glory days.

That doesn’t mean that DeBesse’s UNM offenses were fundamentally different from what Ruse did here in 2014-2015.
    The Cliffs of Insanity

4. Default Re: Taking a closer look at quarterback play from last year

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

Eaglewraith has already enlightened you about 11 personnel. UNM didn’t use it very much except for on passing downs.

He may have over-sold his point, but Buzz was correct about the resemblance between DeBesse’s offense and what we ran last season. The difference is that DeBesse has a sophisticated understanding of how to build an option attack around an IZ read, while Cook and Co apparently didn’t. DeBesse was much more dedicated to option at UNM than Ruse was here. UNM ran IZ-based triple option plays about as much as PJ ran the inside veer back in his glory days.

That doesn’t mean that DeBesse’s UNM offenses were fundamentally different from what Ruse did here in 2014-2015.
    I'd agree with that. The fundamental inside zone play won't be much different from the Ruse days. We'll just be more committed to actual option football than Ruse. Ruse's approach was effective though. I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I'd agree with that. The fundamental inside zone play won't be much different from the Ruse days. We'll just be more committed to actual option football than Ruse. Ruse's approach was effective though. I enjoyed it.
    As did I.

Talking about what Ruse, DeBesse, and Cook run is kinda like talking about Ivin Jasper, Brent Davis, and Wade Lang.
    The Cliffs of Insanity

6. Default Re: Taking a closer look at quarterback play from last year

In my defense, I did say some. Never once said we would see it alot.

7. Default Re: Taking a closer look at quarterback play from last year

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    11 refers to the personnel package. 11 = 1 RB and 1 TE. This also tells you that there are 3 WRs on the field

Buzz was saying that DeBesse tends to favor different personnel packages than we did under Ruse, meaning you'll probably see 21 personnel more often than not (2 RBs and 1 TE, which gives you 2 WRs). Or at least something of that nature with more RBs on the field.
    Thanks for the explanation. I would agree. I was looking more at formations and motions and the actual play.

Surely you can’t be serious.
    I am. And don't call me Shirley.
    Drew Geer
    Georgia Southern University 1991-1995
    BA History