TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: New Mexico St Game Weekend

Default New Mexico St Game Weekend

GSUEYES inspired me. Anyone going to NMSU? Looks like you can fly into either Albuquerque or El Paso. Current Southwest prices are $381 and $320. Trying to convince a few friends to go. For Breaking Bad fans you can do your own or a guided tour in Albuquerque of the show houses and I think even Gus' Fried Chicken. Whatever it's really called. But it is a 3 hour drive from campus. Haven't looked up what there is do yet in El Paso. I wouldn't mind trying to do some light hiking and enjoy the scenery out there (I'm taking 2-4 miles round trip).
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Default Re: New Mexico St Game Weekend

We went to El Paso did a tour
    cool history
    border town
    easy drive to Las Cruses

went to Cattleman’s Steak House Restaurant
    Several movies were filmed on the property
    in the middle of no where
    awesome sunset

Can go to White Sands and actually sled down the dunes
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    We went to El Paso did a tour
    cool history
    border town
    easy drive to Las Cruses

went to Cattleman’s Steak House Restaurant
    Several movies were filmed on the property
    in the middle of no where
    awesome sunset

Can go to White Sands and actually sled down the dunes
    Cattlemen's was an interesting (and good) place. Didn't think we were going to find it for a while, though.

Flying into Albuquerque on thursday and taking the grand tour. Maybe go up into the Sandia mountain range, then down to Las Cruces. Staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. Will be tailgating in the tree line off of arrowhead dr. and S Triviz which runs by the stadium. Last two trips parking has been free.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefeagle View Post
    Flying into Albuquerque on thursday and taking the grand tour. Maybe go up into the Sandia mountain range, then down to Las Cruces. Staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. Will be tailgating in the tree line off of arrowhead dr. and S Triviz which runs by the stadium. Last two trips parking has been free.
    Left San Marcos, flew to Phoenix and picked up a rental car, and we're now touring National Parks as we wend our way to Las Cruces. Staying wherever my travel companions say we are. Hope to see you in LC.

My wife and I spent a week in Albuquerque around the 4th of July. Got our trip in right before the monsoon season. As 1peat mentioned, if you're a Breaking Bad fan you have GOT to take a Breaking Bad Tour. I highly recommend the RV tour run by two extras from the show. Around 3 hours in a prop Winnebago designed to look like Walt and Jesses's RV. Visit numerous filming sites, lunch at Twisters included (AKA - Los Pollos Hermanos), and of course, Walt's house. They run video clips along the route and give out trivia prizes. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The tour starts/ends in Old Town which is the touristy/historical district of ABQ. Lots of shops, restaurants in that area to explore. We made a day of it in that area when we took our tour.

If you wanna visit the Sandia's I recommend you take the Tramway up and down. Pretty breathtaking ride. You'll most likely never ride another tram with such a long stretch of cable. Longest tram in the US and 3rd longest single span of line in the world between towers.

When we were out there hiking/camping was off limits due to high fire danger pretty much everywhere my brother typically hiked. But, we did visit Tent Rocks National Monument north of ABQ. Pretty amazing along with a few other places up in that area. If I had to pick one place, Tent Rocks would be it.

Quote Originally Posted by loyaleagle View Post
    Left San Marcos, flew to Phoenix and picked up a rental car, and we're now touring National Parks as we wend our way to Las Cruces. Staying wherever my travel companions say we are. Hope to see you in LC.
    Going to try to get there around 2. Drove by the stadium yesterday but they were having practice and didn't want to look like a spy. Went to the UTEP campus after landing. Then came to LC and checked into the airbnb. Even the rest stop once you cross from TX to NM has breathtaking views. Ate lunch at a local spot then spent the rest of the day driving around. Did a 3 mile hike at Dripping Springs which wore me out. It was mainly uphill on the hike and got pretty warm. Well worth it though. Spent a good 30 minutes probably enjoying the view once I got there. The walk back was better as the clouds covered the sun and being downhill.

Been on recon Looks like the enemy is taking over the tree line. May have to jockey for a shady spot. Will arrive between 1 and 2.

Be there soon. Hope to find some Eagle fans and shade. Going to pick up food and drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Be there soon. Hope to find some Eagle fans and shade. Going to pick up food and drinks.
    Maybe you guys should exchange numbers… Just a thought.