TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas State Series

Default Re: Arkansas State Series

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Bad loss to one of the worst teams in the league. But hey, 30 wins is still in play. Which is our benchmark for greatness
    Go away, please.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

2. Default Re: Arkansas State Series

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Just glad Tyler Zuber is gone. Couldn't hit that guy at all.
    Neither can Minor League baseball. He's got a sub 2 career ERA and a bunch of saves in about a full season of A ball now. He's probably going to end up in AA by the end of the year.

Side note: We scored 6 runs. We won. It's amazing how that works.

Just frustrating, tonight Brian wasn't "on" and then our defense lets us down. A game you look back on and say we should have won.

Go away, please.
    He's a lost cause. There is literally nothing that any Georgia Southern team can do that will stop his incessant *****ing. But apparently that makes him the only smart one in the room since no one else can see that every coach we have is terrible and that we've all just become complacent and happy to cheer on middle-of-the-pack finishes.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    He's a lost cause. There is literally nothing that any Georgia Southern team can do that will stop his incessant *****ing. But apparently that makes him the only smart one in the room since no one else can see that every coach we have is terrible and that we've all just become complacent and happy to cheer on middle-of-the-pack finishes.
    I mean, I'd be a hypocrite if I said I have a problem with negativity in itself. I've complained about our lack of regular-season championships and about us taking too many bad conference losses last year.

The problem comes when negativity is accompanied by a lack of objectivity and a disregard for pertinent facts.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I mean, I'd be a hypocrite if I said I have a problem with negativity in itself. I've complained about our lack of regular-season championships and about us taking too many bad conference losses last year.

The problem comes when negativity is accompanied by a lack of objectivity and a disregard for pertinent facts.
    It’s the same guy who would prefer we still had CY and his sub .500 records over Coach B and his consistency and us having a real chance to make a run every year.

Iím totally with you. Our team has been playing better because our lineup full of slap-hitting strikeout artists stopped whiffing and started getting two-out hits. Itís not impressive, but itís enough to win with our pitching.

But last night we were as bad as ever in clutch spots, save for the ninth. There are plenty of things that donít deserve applause or that should be ignored. It just gets old when one person keeps blaming one element of the team that isnít even the issue.

What do we need to get to another level of performance and be an NCAA Tournament threat year in and year out?

Is it coaching? Lack of difference making players? The ball bouncing the right way? A combination of some of these?

It seems like weíve been good to very good since Stallings left and never really able to take our program up another level. I know weíve had some excellent seasons since Jack but just curious from you all that watch more than me the last 10-15 years +

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    What do we need to get to another level of performance and be an NCAA Tournament threat year in and year out?

Is it coaching? Lack of difference making players? The ball bouncing the right way? A combination of some of these?

It seems like we’ve been good to very good since Stallings left and never really able to take our program up another level. I know we’ve had some excellent seasons since Jack but just curious from you all that watch more than me the last 10-15 years +
    Nothing wrong with our 750 game winning HC. As in all D1 sports, it comes down to recruiting. You get kids and hope they perform, sometimes they perform above expectations, sometimes they don't. Then you hope you don't get hit with the injury "bug". Regarding a NCAA Tournament threat, I think over the years Ive followed GS baseball we are threats. BUT, like Ive posted just getting to the NCAA's for G5 programs is getting harder and harder. It will be very interesting this season to see how many G5's get an at large bid.

Score tonight?