Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Football Roster Updated

Default Re: 2018 Football Roster Updated

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    BTW, who are the bolded players?
    Looks to be returning players.

Don't mean to sound like a snob, but I like going through the true freshmen's bios and not seeing that most of them are studying dodgeball or homeopathic medicine or Eligibility-maintenance-ology.

BTW, who are the bolded players?
    Those are just returning guys who saw significant snaps last year (just going off my memory therefore may not be completely accurate).
    Josiah McDaniel
    B.S. in Journalism, 2003
    Statesboro, GA
    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." --I Corinthians 13:11

We have one scholarship left. How about that 6'1 QB from Glen Falls NY. His team lost in this years state finals after winning 24 straight. He also averaged 50 points a game in basketball and set the NY state career scoring record. Tulane and UMass are just two of the schools offering. The 50 points a game is not a typo.

Because he's got a ton of offers from basketball powers?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBleedsBlue View Post
    Those are just returning guys who saw significant snaps last year (just going off my memory therefore may not be completely accurate).
    Yeah, I thought it was returning lettermen, but that’s not quite accurate.

But you’ve got some guys highlighted who played maybe 15 snaps (Demetrice Lofton and Lawrence Edwards), but not others (Quan Griffin and LaBaron Anthony).

Also, Jawaski Webb joined the team in January, but he’s bolded.

Ian Bush, Zach Copeland, and a couple of OL played some snaps in previous seasons, but not in 2017.

In other words, it’s tantalizing close to “returning lettermen;” probably close enough to tweak in that direction.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Because he's got a ton of offers from basketball powers?
    He says if he goes to a basketball "power" he will just focus on hoops but he still is interested in playing both. I think "Cuse" is looking at him. I didn't read the whole article but I did see Tulane and Umass have offered. I think one of the drawbacks is he played for a smaller HS.

A few things to note, here...

1. Probably not a big surprise, but CJ Wright is listed at Nose Guard. He's the only guy on the roster explicitly listed "NT".
    2. Najee Thompson is listed at safety. He might be one of the fastest safeties we've had in a while.
    3. Quin Williams is playing defensive end. Interesting. Linebacker must not be as big of a concern as we thought.
    4. Only 3 TEs on the roster, two look to be walk-ons...
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    He says if he goes to a basketball "power" he will just focus on hoops but he still is interested in playing both. I think "Cuse" is looking at him. I didn't read the whole article but I did see Tulane and Umass have offered. I think one of the drawbacks is he played for a smaller HS.
    https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jo...cruitInterests

A few things to note, here...

1. Probably not a big surprise, but CJ Wright is listed at Nose Guard. He's the only guy on the roster explicitly listed "NT".
    2. Najee Thompson is listed at safety. He might be one of the fastest safeties we've had in a while.
    3. Quin Williams is playing defensive end. Interesting. Linebacker must not be as big of a concern as we thought.
    4. Only 3 TEs on the roster, two look to be walk-ons...
    I’ve been telling you about the TEs for awhile. Apparently, the walk-on punter from Effingham (not sure which school) plays TE in addition to punting.

As far as players being listed at DE, are we sure none of those guys are gonna get reps at the “Dog” position? I’m pretty sure that Randy Wade and Demetrice Lofton spent a lot of spring practice there. Have they been “moved back to DE,” or is this just a case of “it doesn’t matter what you call it on the roster”?
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

10. Default Re: 2018 Football Roster Updated

Yep, 11 roster listings at DE for two positions in a 3/4 defense. Dog position or put on more weight and compete at NT. I guess that's a good predicament to be in. Time well tell, Oh yeah.