TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Football Roster Updated

Default Re: 2018 Football Roster Updated

Thanks yourmother, sounds like some of the "big boys" are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Thanks yourmother, sounds like some of the "big boys" are interested.
    You talking about UAlbany, right?

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I’ve been telling you about the TEs for awhile. Apparently, the walk-on punter from Effingham (not sure which school) plays TE in addition to punting.

As far as players being listed at DE, are we sure none of those guys are gonna get reps at the “Dog” position? I’m pretty sure that Randy Wade and Demetrice Lofton spent a lot of spring practice there. Have they been “moved back to DE,” or is this just a case of “it doesn’t matter what you call it on the roster”?
    The Beck kid from Effingham is a heck of an athlete. Definitely not built like your average punter, and if I'm not mistaken believe he played some QB in HS as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    A few things to note, here...

3. Quin Williams is playing defensive end. Interesting. Linebacker must not be as big of a concern as we thought.
    4. Only 3 TEs on the roster, two look to be walk-ons...
    Forgot to add: Quin Williams will be a TE by day three of camp.

Also, don’t forget that Ellis Richardson joined the team as a walk-on, so we have zero scholarship players at TE.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    You talking about UAlbany, right?
    LOL, but they have gone to "The Dance" more than we have.

I’ve been telling you about the TEs for awhile. Apparently, the walk-on punter from Effingham (not sure which school) plays TE in addition to punting.

As far as players being listed at DE, are we sure none of those guys are gonna get reps at the “Dog” position? I’m pretty sure that Randy Wade and Demetrice Lofton spent a lot of spring practice there. Have they been “moved back to DE,” or is this just a case of “it doesn’t matter what you call it on the roster”?
    Forgot to add: Quin Williams will be a TE by day three of camp.

Also, don’t forget that Ellis Richardson joined the team as a walk-on, so we have zero scholarship players at TE.
    I will be surprised if a national top 30 OLB signed with us to play tight end, unless he had a pretty serious injury and is a shell of his former self.

Don't forget our 3 TE's when Fritz was here were two guys that signed to play fullback and an offensive lineman that didn't get a lot of play time. It doesn't take an outstanding athlete to play that position.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I will be surprised if a national top 30 OLB signed with us to play tight end, unless he had a pretty serious injury and is a shell of his former self.

Don't forget our 3 TE's when Fritz was here were two guys that signed to play fullback and an offensive lineman that didn't get a lot of play time. It doesn't take an outstanding athlete to play that position.
    Govan and Dean weren’t good athletes?

Anyway, I was joking about Williams, though we were probably his only FBS offer and hopefully didn’t make any promises.

Still, there are lots of guys in the front seven of the defense (including Williams) who played TE in HS. If one or more of them can’t break through (looking especially at Randy Wade and Tre Allen here), I wouldn’t be upset if he could help us at a position of need.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

8. Default Re: 2018 Football Roster Updated

Anyway, I was joking about Williams, though we were probably his only FBS offer and hopefully didn’t make any promises.
    Pretty sure CL and staff gave Quin Williams all the flexibility and options that were available and any other scenarios that would benefit him and our team.

Why do you think that we were his only offer? I thought he was recruited by some bigger schools?

Quote Originally Posted by GSU2011fan View Post
    Why do you think that we were his only offer? I thought he was recruited by some bigger schools?
    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/f.../quin-williams
    https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Qu...cruitInterests

Still joking.