TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Armstrong Campus Rumor

1. Default Armstrong Campus Rumor

I have a friend whose daughter is in the nursing program. Apparently, this year nursing majors were given the option of staying here in Statesboro or transferring to the Armstrong campus to continue classes. According to her, not enough students elected to switch campuses so some were picked at random to transfer and not given the option to stay. When they complained, they were given the run around, but the girl was told by one of her professors that GS has made a huge push to boost enrollment in Savannah which is why they've spent lots of money on radio and tv ads for the Savannah campus and waived all out of state tuition for that campus only. According to her professor, GS wants the Statesboro and Savannah campuses to be about equal in size, with specific colleges located at each and thinks that a lot of students might be forced to transfer. I was pretty shocked when I heard this. Have y'all heard anything similar?

2. Default Re: Armstrong Campus Rumor

I like rumors... I wouldn’t mind having 15-20k students per campus excluding Hinesville...
    The Southern University of South Georgia Southern... has a nice ring to it

Default Re: Armstrong Campus Rumor

Paging garns...

That sounds like a real pig poop thing to do, telling people they will have to leave the campus the applied and were accepted to study on. Maybe some people in positions of power thought the issue with Armstrong was the name on the campus and not that it was Savannah and not Statesboro? HHHmmm...
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I had a lady tell me her daughter wanted to come to Southern for nursing but was told the entire program will move to Savannah and she didn’t want to go to school in Savannah. I told her that they must have been misinformed because we have high ranking folks saying that nursing will be offered on both campuses. Isn’t that right Garns? If what this lady was told is true it will hurt our growth as students want to attend a true University campus and community and not an afterthought in Savannah. Hopefully that’s not true.

5. Default Re: Armstrong Campus Rumor

I can’t see them moving something like that entirely to Savannah.

its a huge program now.

I doubt there is anything to this. I bet it originated with some kind of angry faulty or staff people.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear the entire nursing college is moving to Savannah. If it's true and the student chose not to attend there's several thousand aspiring nurses that would gladly take the spot. My daughter with a 3.7 GPA taking no classes over didn't bother applying knowing her chances were slim getting accepted. Coastal College of Georgia gave the green light. Yes comfortable safe housing is found on St Simmons at a grand a month but if you have any interest in a condo you can cut the number in half renting the extra room. Hate to do it but I like the beach and paying to take classes over again to improve a B is a waste of good money. GS's campus is growing significantly no matter. I was able to take a peek at the new engineering college plans recently. WOW! Total signature architecture show piece and it's huuuge!

Nursing is being offered at both campuses.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Nursing is a big program for both schools, and with the Waters College of Health Professions (or whatever it is called) being built on the Savannah campus, along with 2 large hospital systems and 3 hospital campuses in Savannah, i can see the appeal of having the whole program be at the Savannah campus.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/30/news...ons/index.html

This article could give some insight for changes being made to the nursing program.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I have a friend whose daughter is in the nursing program. Apparently, this year nursing majors were given the option of staying here in Statesboro or transferring to the Armstrong campus to continue classes. According to her, not enough students elected to switch campuses so some were picked at random to transfer and not given the option to stay. When they complained, they were given the run around, but the girl was told by one of her professors that GS has made a huge push to boost enrollment in Savannah which is why they've spent lots of money on radio and tv ads for the Savannah campus and waived all out of state tuition for that campus only. According to her professor, GS wants the Statesboro and Savannah campuses to be about equal in size, with specific colleges located at each and thinks that a lot of students might be forced to transfer. I was pretty shocked when I heard this. Have y'all heard anything similar?
    The only thing true in this post is the out of state tuition waiver.