TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Armstrong Campus Rumor

Default Re: Armstrong Campus Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I have a friend whose daughter is in the nursing program. Apparently, this year nursing majors were given the option of staying here in Statesboro or transferring to the Armstrong campus to continue classes. According to her, not enough students elected to switch campuses so some were picked at random to transfer and not given the option to stay. When they complained, they were given the run around, but the girl was told by one of her professors that GS has made a huge push to boost enrollment in Savannah which is why they've spent lots of money on radio and tv ads for the Savannah campus and waived all out of state tuition for that campus only. According to her professor, GS wants the Statesboro and Savannah campuses to be about equal in size, with specific colleges located at each and thinks that a lot of students might be forced to transfer. I was pretty shocked when I heard this. Have y'all heard anything similar?
    Students who desire to go into Nursing take a number of electives in a pre-Nursing program along with their core undergraduate curriculum, and then have to apply for admission into the actual School of Nursing for their last two years. Admission into the SON is VERY competitive.

The Statesboro campus Associate Chair for Nursing told me on the Nursing application process students can state their desire for Statesboro campus, Armstrong campus, or both. As mentioned Statesboro campus has historically (and will continue to be the case post consolidation) accepted less Nursing students (50 per cohort) due to class and clinical space limitations. So it would stand to reason that as has always has been the case, a student has a higher likelihood of being accepted into the Nursing program on the Armstrong campus simply due to the higher number of students admitted each cohort. This student has experienced what many prospective Nursing students have for years. It's simply a numbers game.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I'm just passing on what my friend told me about what his daughter is experiencing. She's very upset that she worked so hard to get into the program and now is being told she has to move to a completely different city by herself if she wants to stay in it.
    What that means is she may not qualify to be one of the 50 on Statesboro campus but can qualify to be one of the 100+ on Armstrong campus.

3. Default Re: Armstrong Campus Rumor

The story doesn't even sound credible.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    The story doesn't even sound credible.
    It does seem to be following the same trajectory as a lot of news stories that begin on social media and then are carried by the mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Nursing is remaining on BOTH GS campuses, that is why the new position of Associate Chair was created and I'm very close to GS Associate Chair.
    GS Azz. Chair??

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    GS Azz. Chair??
    yep, Boss lady now Associate Chair and she's looking forward to the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    yep, Boss lady now Associate Chair and she's looking forward to the challenge.
    You truly married well beyond your ability. Apparently hypnotized by your dancing.. Maybe we all need to to take some dance classes.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    You truly married well beyond your ability. Apparently hypnotized by your dancing.. Maybe we all need to to take some dance classes.
    You mean he actually paid someone to teach him to do that?

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    Learned to dance at RUE 21. Heard they offer lessons for every pair of ripped faded jeans purchased there.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    No, just blessed with God given talent, as Belushi said, "the reason I'm still here and there all gone is because.....I'm a DANCER!"