TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Armstrong Campus Rumor

Default Re: Armstrong Campus Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I had a lady tell me her daughter wanted to come to Southern for nursing but was told the entire program will move to Savannah and she didn’t want to go to school in Savannah. I told her that they must have been misinformed because we have high ranking folks saying that nursing will be offered on both campuses. Isn’t that right Garns? If what this lady was told is true it will hurt our growth as students want to attend a true University campus and community and not an afterthought in Savannah. Hopefully that’s not true.
    Nursing is remaining on BOTH GS campuses, that is why the new position of Associate Chair was created and I'm very close to GS Associate Chair.

2. Default Re: Armstrong Campus Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Nursing is remaining on BOTH GS campuses, that is why the new position of Associate Chair was created and I'm very close to GS Associate Chair.
    My question is, if the Statesboro campus has a larger class size, will they continue to force some of the students to attend classes in Savannah to keep the two campuses equal? From the way my friend made it sound, it seemed like the plan was to do this for every college and have two equal sized classes on each campus.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    My question is, if the Statesboro campus has a larger class size, will they continue to force some of the students to attend classes in Savannah to keep the two campuses equal?
    there is no "forcing", we arnt going for equal, we continue to go for quality.

Sure, I've heard that before. My cousin's brother's friend's dog gets walked by the dean, so I'm close to them.

Kidding of course

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Sure, I've heard that before. My cousin's brother's friend's dog gets walked by the dean, so I'm close to them.

Kidding of course
    PowerEagle!, what am I going to do with you?, thank heavens I scrolled down and saw the "kidding" part, Garns was about to go off(smile). With the Chair and the Associate Chair in place, rest assured GS School of Nursing is in good hands with the goal to become a even higher rated school in the country.

The only thing true in this post is the out of state tuition waiver.
    So are more people wanting to stay on the main campus than anticipated?
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

7. Default Re: Armstrong Campus Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    So are more people wanting to stay on the main campus than anticipated?
    This is true across the board. With the slightly lower SAT score requirements, enrollment is projected to be up in the Statesboro campus this fall. It's where athletics, the greek life, and the large concentration of 18-22 year olds are located. The traditional students aren't picking their college experience based on a commercial on WTOC news at 11 (sorry Dal). As long as Statesboro continues to work hard to be a better "college town", the main campus will be fine.

Georgia Southern Statesboro campus takes 50 undergraduate Nursing students per cohort (one in Fall, one in Spring) and will continue to do so moving forward.

Georgia Southern Armstrong campus takes about double that number and has for many years been one of if not the largest producers of Nursing and Health Professions graduates in Georgia.

There was recently a large renovation to the Nursing facilities on Statesboro campus, and on the Armstrong campus one building is being completely refurbished while another new building is under construction. As has been stated, Savannah has more clinical rotation sites and Armstrong has always has more Nursing students enrolled due to available class and clinical space.

The administration for the Waters College of Health Professions and the School of Nursing Chair are both headquartered on the Armstrong campus. However, I can say unequivocally that Nursing education will continue on both campuses and no students will be forced into anything. Listen to Garns. If students on Statesboro campus have Nursing related questions the newly appointed Associate Chair for Nursing is excellent and can help!

9. Default Re: Armstrong Campus Rumor

The only thing true in this post is the out of state tuition waiver.
    I'm just passing on what my friend told me about what his daughter is experiencing. She's very upset that she worked so hard to get into the program and now is being told she has to move to a completely different city by herself if she wants to stay in it.

10. Default Re: Armstrong Campus Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I'm just passing on what my friend told me about what his daughter is experiencing. She's very upset that she worked so hard to get into the program and now is being told she has to move to a completely different city by herself if she wants to stay in it.
    In that past when we had our cohort limited to 50 students she probably would have just been one of the many students who did not get into the program. Now she has the option to enrolling in the Armstrong campus instead of transferring or choosing a different major. Sounds on the whole like a benefit of consolidation rather than a detriment.