TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New basketball scheduling?

1. Default New basketball scheduling?

I am hearing rumblings about revamping the basketball conference schedule and changing the tournament format. Anyone have any details on this?

3. Default Re: New basketball scheduling?

Guess I ll be reading part 2 tomorrow

Default Re: New basketball scheduling?

The only good adjustment to the tournament format that can be made is eliminating the tournament

Why stop with eliminating the conference tournament? Have the coaches vote on the best team, after the non-conference schedule. All teams not voted #1 are required to forfeit to the "Best" team, thus you have an unblemished league champion, no nasty upsets.

You can get an unblemished league champion by just giving the NCAA auto-bid to the regular season champ. I'd watch way more games if that were the case, but as it stands, since every team makes the tournament, no regular season games matter. It's all preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Why stop with eliminating the conference tournament? Have the coaches vote on the best team, after the non-conference schedule. All teams not voted #1 are required to forfeit to the "Best" team, thus you have an unblemished league champion, no nasty upsets.
    You've got 119 conference games played in a season, and eliminating the 11 that are played in the conference tournament means you're not proving it on the court anymore?

The conference tournament either needs to go or go to a round-robin or best of 3 format with just 4 teams.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    Guess I ll be reading part 2 tomorrow
    *evil laughter*

And print journalism lives another day.

Give the top 2 seeds byes to the semifinals or take it even a step further and give the #1 seed a bye all the way to the championship game.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Give the top 2 seeds byes to the semifinals or take it even a step further and give the #1 seed a bye all the way to the championship game.
    Any format where one loss eliminates you needs to DIAF.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.