TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hebert Resigning

Default Re: Herbert Resigning

Quote Originally Posted by gsugt1 View Post
    I agree ... he didn't sign up for what he got ... imo he did a good job consideration everything.
    He remained professional and I respect him for that.

#HeGone

So hopefully we get Keel 3.0. USG person named interim president per the GA tweet.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

3. Default Re: Herbert Resigning

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    #HeGone

So hopefully we get Keel 3.0. USG person named interim president per the GA tweet.
    Shelley Nickel was in charge of the consolidation process. I'm not sure what effect having a BOR representative running the school will have.

We go through Presidents faster than football coaches

Spoke with him last Friday at the "Empower Health" event that they were holding at Armstrong. I was there getting free dental care for my disabled alcoholic father in law because he has no way to afford it and OF's pockets only run so deep. Anyway, Hebert doesn't want to be known as the "transition president". He also seemed to want to get back to Louisiana and his extended family. Nice guy, did as well as anyone considering the circumstances.

6. Default Re: Herbert Resigning

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Shelley Nickel was in charge of the consolidation process. I'm not sure what effect having a BOR representative running the school will have.
    The BOR was already running things during consolidation martial law, so not much will change in the interim.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I don't think President Herbert was very happy. When he first came he was pumped up and so happy to be the President and to be at GS then early on in his position he was informed of the merger, lets just say things went down hill REALLY QUICK from there. I'm not 100% sure but I think you pay for your own gas, I know when my wife has to be on the Savannah campus she pays for her own gas.
    University travel rules state that the preferred option is to take a University vehicle, if one is unavailable, mileage can be claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post

University travel rules state that the preferred option is to take a University vehicle, if one is unavailable, mileage can be claimed.
    That's why I said I wasn't 100% sure. At times when she goes with peers they sign up for University vehicle., Most of the time she just jumps in her own car. I'll have to ask her, heck maybe she doesn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Oh, that’s who it is?

She was the interim president at Gordon (State) College when I taught there, and she played a central role in the GSU-PC consolidation (can’t remember her title).

I do not expect the faculty at any of the institutions involved to be comfortable with this, if only because she’s basically a USG accountant. The president of a large university should be rather more than that.

I don’t know her well at all, but I think she generally let Gordon’s employees do their jobs while the college searched for a new president.

As the interim leader of the university, I’d expect her to be the anti-Bartels . . . internal vs. external.
    Last edited by pete4256; 16th May 2018 at 11:09 AM.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I don't think President Herbert was very happy. When he first came he was pumped up and so happy to be the President and to be at GS then early on in his position he was informed of the merger, lets just say things went down hill REALLY QUICK from there. I'm not 100% sure but I think you pay for your own gas, I know when my wife has to be on the Savannah campus she pays for her own gas.
    Ha ha! Armstrong used to give me mileage when I taught for them in a non-campus environment.

Of course, I was getting paid not much more than minimum wage to make them a significant profit, and gas was not much over $1/gallon back in 2002.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown