TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hebert Resigning

Default Re: Hebert Resigning

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Hebert isn't a liberal arts guy. He did both public health research and research in stochastic processes/Ops research type stuff in the field of probability.
    So he wrote some papers? I have a Masters of Engineering from and E-Lite ACC Engineering School and my thesis was actually turned into a manufacturing process.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Why not?

Pretty sure everyone will get their chance to run the place before the decade is out.
    Sad But True...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Make GS great again?
    "the only time being ranked #1 means anything is at the end of the season" - Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    So he wrote some papers? I have a Masters of Engineering from and E-Lite ACC Engineering School and my thesis was actually turned into a manufacturing process.

Sad But True...
    Make GS great again?
    "the only time being ranked #1 means anything is at the end of the season" - Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by MaGroen View Post
    Make GS great again?
    Not with a career bureaucrat-penny-counter running the show.

In any event, there are only four important schools in Georgia and GS isn't one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Not with a career bureaucrat-penny-counter running the show.

In any event, there are only four important schools in Georgia and GS isn't one of those.
    It's an absolute shame we don't have any more clout with the BOR. I'm not knocking our legislative reps, at least not one, but we are losing political influence in ATL as far as the regents go. We need a Georgia Southern grad with a powerful resume to be on the board - serving our interests, not Savannah's or UGA. We need to all be mindful of what is taking place. Chances are, the REAL Georgia Southern campus will be much different five years from now - and not in a good way. If you can't see the winds of change, it's time to wake up. We are about to be curb stomped by the dominant UGA force in this state.

The main thing for us is to have a good, resolute selection committee that will stand up to the BOR and get the candidate that GS wants and not have the BOR cram someone upon us.

7. Default Re: Hebert Resigning

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    It's an absolute shame we don't have any more clout with the BOR. I'm not knocking our legislative reps, at least not one, but we are losing political influence in ATL as far as the regents go. We need a Georgia Southern grad with a powerful resume to be on the board - serving our interests, not Savannah's or UGA. We need to all be mindful of what is taking place. Chances are, the REAL Georgia Southern campus will be much different five years from now - and not in a good way. If you can't see the winds of change, it's time to wake up. We are about to be curb stomped by the dominant UGA force in this state.
    I hate UGA even more than I did!

(didn’t think that was possible.)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Hebert isn't a liberal arts guy. He did both public health research and research in stochastic processes/Ops research type stuff in the field of probability.
    Sounds like he didn’t calculate the odds on this one very well
    Billy Bennett
    Class of '78

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    You should build relationships with Power Elite and maybe you can get some crumbs that serve you. Try going to hear Kirby Smart at the BGC fundraiser - you'll find Bulloch's most elite there. Just try to think of GS as the little local community college that can put dollars in your pocket to buy an RV and go see the Dawgs in the fall.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    You should build relationships with Power Elite and maybe you can get some crumbs that serve you. Try going to hear Kirby Smart at the BGC fundraiser - you'll find Bulloch's most elite there. Just try to think of GS as the little local community college that can put dollars in your pocket to buy an RV and go see the Dawgs in the fall.
    Maybe you should start your own thread where you can write a manifesto wherein you express in detail exactly why you think anyone who isn't a die-hard, true blue Eagle fan first and foremost isn't entitled to financial success or the opportunity to profit from doing business in a college town.

Are you mad at rich people in general? UGA fans in general? Or just rich UGA fans? Maybe just rich UGA fans in Statesboro?

You may have some valid points and be able to put forth a pursuasive argument in such a manner, but your repeated veiled references to the "power elite" just come off as some sort of class envy or sour grapes and do nothing to advance your opinions. If you have a message that is worthy of something more than randomly interjected snide remarks, you should give it its due and take a stand. Who knows? you might end up with the whole board on your side and you could spark a movement for change. Heck, I might become your loudest drum-beater . . . but your current approach isn't doing anything but painting you as a cynical pot-shot artist.