TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 134

Thread: Stetson Bennett IV

  1. #11

    Default Re: Stetson Bennett IV

    Bet he ends up at an ACC or SEC school.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

  2. Default Re: Stetson Bennett IV

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

    He’s a (much?) smaller Seth Shuman with (much?) more accuracy.
    You know as well as I do the GS routine. If he's not a mobile QB, GS will not be interested. Perhaps Shuman would have been much more effective in 2017 than Werts.

  3. #13

    Default Re: Stetson Bennett IV

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    You know as well as I do the GS routine. If he's not a mobile QB, GS will not be interested. Perhaps Shuman would have been much more effective in 2017 than Werts.
    And that routine is why we won't be good anytime soon

  4. #14

    Default Re: Stetson Bennett IV

    Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    IIRC he had an offer from us, and not knowing much about him other than that he was a DT QB, I was like why go walk on at UGa to sit behind a bunch of 4-5 stars, why not come here and get a full ride with a chance to be the man? We’ll see what happens, if Lunsford was one of his main staff contacts here we may have a good shot at him after the JUCO year.
    Family had season tickets to UGA since before he was born, so UGA QB was a lifelong dream. Took a visit and Smart told him the QB competition would be wide open. The five star RB LaCounte talked him up to Smart so Smart gave him a preferred walk on spot.

  5. Default Re: Stetson Bennett IV

    Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Took a visit and Smart told him the QB competition would be wide open. The five star RB LaCounte talked him up to Smart so Smart gave him a preferred walk on spot.
    QB position wide open? I've got ocean front property In Arizona if Bennett falls for that.

  6. #16

    Default Re: Stetson Bennett IV

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    QB position wide open? I've got ocean front property In Arizona if Bennett falls for that.
    Yes , it makes me sad when the youngsters fall for the P5 line and ride the pine.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  7. #17

    Default Re: Stetson Bennett IV

    Scrappy player, tremendous accuracy.... but that kid isn't sniffing 6'0 in heels... 5'9 at absolute best

  8. #18

    Default Re: Stetson Bennett IV

    Quote Originally Posted by brunswickeagle22 View Post
    Scrappy player, tremendous accuracy.... but that kid isn't sniffing 6'0 in heels... 5'9 at absolute best
    And he doesn't run a 4.5 with a rocket strapped to his behind.

    He would probably be a very good Air Raid QB at any level. But even in his HS film you can see that they moved the pocket to offset his lack of height.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

  9. #19

    Default Re: Stetson Bennett IV

    Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    And that routine is why we won't be good anytime soon
    Says the guy who's all in on Baker Mayfield.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

  10. #20

    Default Re: Stetson Bennett IV

    Well now we can really go down a rabbit hole.....

    Nick Chubb was listed at 5'-11" on his NFL profile and 5'-10" on the UGA roster.
    Roquan Smith is listed at 6'-01".

    Pic of Smart with Chubb and Smith.





    Pic of Smart with Bennett IV


Similar Threads

  1. MBB: Eagles vs Stetson
    By ChadWC in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 25th December 2015, 05:28 AM
  2. 2 Free Tickets MBB vs Stetson Today
    By aristocracker in forum The Eagle Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd December 2015, 02:23 PM
  3. MBB: Eagles at Stetson
    By ChadWC in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 20th December 2014, 04:28 PM
  4. Mercer, Stetson Joining Pioneer Football League
    By GSUfanforever in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th June 2011, 05:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •