TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SMN: Next GSU President Must Embrace Armstrong

Default Re: SMN: Next GSU President Must Embrace Armstrong

Georgia Southern has changed with the addition of Armstrong and needs a leader who embraces that. I don't understand what's so hard about that. A leader that could make Armstrong students feel a part of Georgia Southern would be great for athletics as well as other area. There's nothing controversial about that. This mindset that we are person everybody constantly picks on holds Georgia Southern back as much if not more than the BOR does.

2. Default Re: SMN: Next GSU President Must Embrace Armstrong

Doesn't everything come down to politics and money? How many of our alums take the time to express their loyalty and concern for GS to their State Rep and/or Senator?

3. Default Re: SMN: Next GSU President Must Embrace Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Georgia Southern has changed with the addition of Armstrong and needs a leader who embraces that. I don't understand what's so hard about that. A leader that could make Armstrong students feel a part of Georgia Southern would be great for athletics as well as other area. There's nothing controversial about that. This mindset that we are person everybody constantly picks on holds Georgia Southern back as much if not more than the BOR does.

They need to take the word "Armstrong" and throw it away and replace it with Georgia Southern. Make it GS - Savannah campus. Every time you use the words GS and Armstrong in the same sentence a negative vibe fills the room. Just remove the word and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
    They need to take the word "Armstrong" and throw it away and replace it with Georgia Southern. Make it GS - Savannah campus. Every time you use the words GS and Armstrong in the same sentence a negative vibe fills the room. Just remove the word and start over.
    I can already tell you that's not happening.

5. Default Re: SMN: Next GSU President Must Embrace Armstrong

I am a student at the Armstrong campus. Right now we aren't sure what we are paying an athletic fee for. Eventually, there will be an attachment to Georgia Southern, but it will take some time. Most of us laugh at GATA because there isn't a whole lot of winning with y'alls sports. We might have been D2 but at least we won at most things. Hard to get excited about losing. I will come to another football game this fall and maybe that will get better.

6. Default Re: SMN: Next GSU President Must Embrace Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by The Pirate Eagle View Post
    I am a student at the Armstrong campus. Right now we aren't sure what we are paying an athletic fee for. Eventually, there will be an attachment to Georgia Southern, but it will take some time. Most of us laugh at GATA because there isn't a whole lot of winning with y'alls sports. We might have been D2 but at least we won at most things. Hard to get excited about losing. I will come to another football game this fall and maybe that will get better.
    The last season was nothing to get excited about but GS has a winning legacy. We are only two seasons removed from taking UGA to overtime and setting a conference scoring record in a bowl game against the MAC champs. Basketball and Baseball while not putting together any NCAA appearances recently, regularly compete for conference championships. Things will get better, you just caught us in the middle of a rebuilding year. Welcome to the board by the way.

7. Default Re: SMN: Next GSU President Must Embrace Armstrong

Won some things? The last Peach Belt standings I saw had Armstrong dead last in baseball and second to last in M basketball. GS just finished 3rd in the SBC in both those sports.

Maybe Armstrong was strong in Tennis and some other really cool olympic sports, but IMO that (and the recent ASU “performance” in the fore mentioned money sports) hardy provides justification to “laugh at GATA.”

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    The last season was nothing to get excited about but GS has a winning legacy. We are only two seasons removed from taking UGA to overtime and setting a conference scoring record in a bowl game against the MAC champs. Basketball and Baseball while not putting together any NCAA appearances recently, regularly compete for conference championships. Things will get better, you just caught us in the middle of a rebuilding year. Welcome to the board by the way.
    Winning cures EVERYTHING! It brings people and money together

Welcome to the board, I know it hasn't been easy for ANYONE involved, be proud of Armstrong but along with that you can also be proud of GS. If you get a chance, get to some of GS basketball games, the team is solid and fun to watch.

10. Default Re: SMN: Next GSU President Must Embrace Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Won some things? The last Peach Belt standings I saw had Armstrong dead last in baseball and second to last in M basketball. GS just finished 3rd in the SBC in both those sports.

Maybe Armstrong was strong in Tennis and some other really cool olympic sports, but IMO that (and the recent ASU “performance” in the fore mentioned money sports) hardy provides justification to “laugh at GATA.”
    I have one more year here so I will give it a chance. Lets be fair, the year you refered to was the year they announced the merger. I am sure it was a tough season on this campus. Yes, we were good at most Olympic sports over a very long period of time. Just isn't too much to get excited about but maybe thisyear will be better. No True Blue yet but I am working on it.