TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Preseason Mags

Default Re: Preseason Mags

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Hatcher had a gift for hyperbole, but Barney did have some athleticism.
    I always took that quote to be 2 parts - 1. Foster is a unique talent and we need another one, and 2. the offense Foster ran would be continued for 2008 on. #1 was definitely true, #2 was trumped by the full blown hatch attack.

I think next year we are going to look ugly at times on offense, but our defense will keep us in games. We saw how much better the secondary was in the last few games after the personnel was changed up. With the addition of Christian Matthews to that group and Jessie Liptrot changing positions I think this will be the best secondary in the conference. As much as the teams on our schedule like to throw the ball I think they are playing into our wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I think next year we are going to look ugly at times on offense, but our defense will keep us in games. We saw how much better the secondary was in the last few games after the personnel was changed up. With the addition of Christian Matthews to that group and Jessie Liptrot changing positions I think this will be the best secondary in the conference. As much as the teams on our schedule like to throw the ball I think they are playing into our wheelhouse.
    If we can get some consistency from the OL and if DeBesse has a real game plan and scheme instead of the hodgepodge crap that changed from game to game like we had the last two years, we should be ok on offense.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

4. Default Re: Preseason Mags

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    If we can get some consistency from the OL and if DeBesse has a real game plan and scheme instead of the hodgepodge crap that changed from game to game like we had the last two years, we should be ok on offense.
    I think so.

most of the crap we saw on offense the last two seasons was so confused and uncoordinated it looked like a magic 8 ball was calling plays. Any plan is better than no plan at all.

Not a mag, but Reddit’s college football predictions poll was released. Southern was voted by users as finishing 1-11, last in the Sun Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Not a mag, but Reddit’s college football predictions poll was released. Southern was voted by users as finishing 1-11, last in the Sun Belt.
    Guess that shows the lack of intelligence there.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987