TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Preseason Mags

1. Default Re: Preseason Mags

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I dunno. If Lunsford is anywhere close to Stowers or Sewak
    Sewak? Are you serious 35/14. Lundsford would do well with that record. You don't get that in the books with a 6 win a year record.

Default Re: Preseason Mags

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Man, we've lowered our standards the last two years. 6 wins have never been acceptable at GS.
    +1. Who really knows what we are going to do this year, another new offense, etc...... For me as in all good GS seasons, it will be based on how good our O-Line is and how well our option QB plays. On defense, get to where we give up 20 points a game. and develop some "game changers" on the defensive side of ball. To be honest, I'm not overly optimistic, just kind of got that wait and see attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Man, we've lowered our standards the last two years. 6 wins have never been acceptable at GS.
    It's not acceptable and no one has lowered their standards, it's just reality. It's what happens when you have this much coaching turn over. It's gonna take a little time to get us back to where we are suppossed to be...dominating this conference.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    It's not acceptable and no one has lowered their standards, it's just reality. It's what happens when you have this much coaching turn over. It's gonna take a little time to get us back to where we are suppossed to be...dominating this conference.
    It's not acceptable but in the FBS world 6-6 is A-OK, bowl game and 20 extra practices and with those extra practices that .500 football team may nudge their way to a "respectable" 7-6 record. or fall to sub .500, 6-7 record. Lets hope GS can get back to winning 8 or more games a season(more of what we are use to around here).

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    If we go 6-6, it'll be one of the greatest coaching performances in GS history.

PJ and Jeff Monken took over 4 and 5-win teams and won 10 games.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    We DEFINITELY don’t have a 4 win roster.
    I agree. We have a 9 to 10-win roster if we had one of our good or great coaches and weren't desperately trying to restore our culture of winning.

But it's gonna take some time to undo the cultural damage TS did, and no one knows how good Lunsford is.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

7. Default Re: Preseason Mags

If we go 6-6, it'll be one of the greatest coaching performances in GS history.
    No way. We could accidentally win at least half of that with this schedule. IMO, given the circumstances, 6 wins would be an average job for this staff, 8 would be very good, 10 or more and then we can maybe start a conversation about the greatest coaching performances in GS history.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I agree. We have a 9 to 10-win roster if we had one of our good or great coaches and weren't desperately trying to restore our culture of winning.

But it's gonna take some time to undo the cultural damage TS did, and no one knows how good Lunsford is.
    Sooner or later, "talent" has to step up and demonstrate it's "talent".

9. Default Re: Preseason Mags

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    That's a little extreme. If you want to say 8-4 then I might be willing to agree. But going .500 with this schedule and this roster and a HC that got 6 games to knock the rust off last year won't be some kind of great coaching job IMO. Much less one of the greatest in GS history.
    I seriously struggle to find 6 games that I'm "confident" we'll win. This never used to be an issue.

I seriously struggle to find 6 games that I'm "confident" we'll win. This never used to be an issue.

So you can’t find 6 games where we will have a roster advantage?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.