TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Preseason Mags

Default Re: Preseason Mags

I only see one game I'm confident we'll lose, and the four toughest G5 games are all at home. Get the bowl bid.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I agree with Buzz. We have totally lost our identity. I don’t see great talent on this roster. This will be the weakest as a whole we have been at RB in awhile. I predict 5 wins. Not sold on a special teams coach making $800k
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

3. Default Re: Preseason Mags

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I seriously struggle to find 6 games that I'm "confident" we'll win. This never used to be an issue.
    Yeah, I could see that, but pulling off 6 victories with this schedule would not equate to “one of the greatest coaching performances in GS history.”

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Sooner or later, "talent" has to step up and demonstrate it's "talent".
    I've seen plenty of talent. What I haven't seen is consistent execution and technically-sound football plays.

That said, we are a couple of pleasant surprises (at positions of need) from being really talented.

Mostly, I worry about our ability to execute our (new) schemes confidently and consistently.

We have plenty of players who can compete with the top half of the SBC.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I seriously struggle to find 6 games that I'm "confident" we'll win. This never used to be an issue.
    It wasn't an issue when we had good/proven head coaches and when we knew we had the top playmakers in our conference.

The jury is still out on both of those.

And a culture of winning goes a long way; who knows if we'll ever get that back?
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

6. Default Re: Preseason Mags

You guys constantly have me shaking my head. We legitimately had the chance to win six games last year. We won two. The other four games were a few missed plays away from being a win for us. Btw, before you say I'm wrong go back and look. We did that with a terrible offense and a defense who couldn't stop the long ball. We have the talent and the coaching staff. Have faith and be supportive of these kids. They don't need to be reminded of the last two years constantly. Trust me, they all know how bad it's been and what's expected of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    I agree with Buzz. We have totally lost our identity. I don’t see great talent on this roster. This will be the weakest as a whole we have been at RB in awhile. I predict 5 wins. Not sold on a special teams coach making $800k

So you think we will win 5 games. But if this staff finds a way to win just ONE more than you think then it will be one of the greatest coaching jobs in GS history?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    So you think we will win 5 games. But if this staff finds a way to win just ONE more than you think then it will be one of the greatest coaching jobs in GS history?

No, absolutely not. We win 5 or 6 games, we don’t have the right coach. Even with less than optimal talent(for us), we should never lose more than 4 games in a regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    No, absolutely not. We win 5 or 6 games, we don’t have the right coach. Even with less than optimal talent(for us), we should never lose more than 4 games in a regular season.

So how is that agreeing with Buzz?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    So how is that agreeing with Buzz?
    I agree that I don’t see 6 games that I’m confident we will win.