TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Myrtle Beach Bowl

Default Re: Myrtle Beach Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I am not advocating support for additional Ga State chatter, but mind you that this thread is about a potential bowl game with a Sun Belt Conference tie-in component. Given its geographical location, Ga State and Ga Southern are both Sun Belt programs that will more then likely be the primary recipients of an invite to said bowl game (and maybe CCU), so what exactly is the harm with discussing the inevitability of competition for an invite between our two programs to participate in the bowl game, pending NCAA approval of the event?
    The invites, if I recall, go in order of the biggest bowls we have tie ins with. Therefore, we would have to be passed over by the first couple bowls before we were even available for this one to pick us. I'm hoping that we get back to our normal win totals and are going to the "better" bowls more often than not. I do like the bowl being closer than AZ though.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I am not advocating support for additional Ga State chatter, but mind you that this thread is about a potential bowl game with a Sun Belt Conference tie-in component. Given its geographical location, Ga State and Ga Southern are both Sun Belt programs that will more then likely be the primary recipients of an invite to said bowl game (and maybe CCU), so what exactly is the harm with discussing the inevitability of competition for an invite between our two programs to participate in the bowl game, pending NCAA approval of the event?
    Not so sure they will be the primary. Boone to Myrtle takes less time than ATL. Also, Southern is the closest of all SBC teams to Orlando and Cure Bowl.

3. Default Re: Myrtle Beach Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    Not so sure they will be the primary. Boone to Myrtle takes less time than ATL. Also, Southern is the closest of all SBC teams to Orlando and Cure Bowl.
    Well, kind of splitting hairs with the distance of Boone/Atlanta to Conway, it is like a 30 minute difference, and the Cure bowl has proven that they would invite Ga State (not saying they would not prefer GS).

Nonetheless, it will come down to the pecking order of the bowl's and conference standings. IMO the ULL program being down really shakes things up relative to SBC bowl invites because the New Orleans Bowl is first to invite.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    They barely edged us out in attendance on literally their best season of football ever while we were having one of our worst seasons ever. And mind you, that's using Georgia State math, where the crowd for the Southern-State game in 2014 was somehow 28,000. It's laughable to say they've passed us.
    You know we have been down before & I know that G-State vs "The REAL GSU" is a bitter point to bring up.

G -State has dung well for themselves the last few years and so I give them congrats, but they do not come close to our winning history.

GS started with a club team, built a stadium and beat up on 1aa. Then we moved to the G5 and power through it in the first 2 years.

State never had a chance aganst us in 1aa and there wins now are as transient as there fan base. Yes we've had "2" bad years but if you have a true GS, Erk, Johnson or even a Monken belief in our team, weather our new HC works out, you have to know we will be on top of the G5 soon. It always just works out that way.

If what I've seen of the future CCU stadium is correct when completed then they can have a bowl for 2 years.
    I still think that Savannah & Southern would make a better site for a new bowl except for the SB looking at it as to much GS for them.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

What G5 bowl has had the best attendance in the past 4 years?

6. Default Re: Myrtle Beach Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    What G5 bowl has had the best attendance in the past 4 years?
    Probably last years Peach Bowl.

Probably last years Peach Bowl.
    I can see that. The AACs UCF team was undefeated and there was a lot of noise about them playing and defeating a SEC team.

8. Default Re: Myrtle Beach Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    They barely edged us out in attendance on literally their best season of football ever while we were having one of our worst seasons ever. And mind you, that's using Georgia State math, where the crowd for the Southern-State game in 2014 was somehow 28,000. It's laughable to say they've passed us.
    True, but their is more to it then just attendance numbers. In fact, I think it is more humiliating that our fan base are the only ones watching State beat up on GS. JMHO.

True, but their is more to it then just attendance numbers. In fact, I think it is more humiliating that our fan base are the only ones watching State beat up on GS. JMHO.
    If you mean instead of being at the game I can see your point a little.

But the dislike for State runs deep that if you cant make the game then I'd watch for a Southern win.

Still viewers watching a SB game counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    GA State has a better FBS football program than we do, yet people continue to bash them. At some point you have point you have to feel embarrassed.
    As far as the bowls dont be one of those whiners who complain about the amount. Really why? Does someone come to your house hold a gun to your head to watch them? Does a bowl in Myrtle Beach affect your enjoyment of the Sugar Bowl somehow? I will never wrap my head around people complaining about more football. Would rather go to Charleston but still drivable.

As far as GaSt, I could pull up old posts like a narcissist a hole like others do on here one in particular but said over and over there is no reason why they could not do well with the amount of talent there is in this state. They had a horrible AD and made horrible hires...sound familiar? They have a competent coach it appears (although I think his yelly ways will wear thin eventually) and a good AD now and little momentum. Facilities are what they are for now but trending up. Dont have Panther glasses on so not as big on their baseball football stadium as they are but big step up from da Dome plus they had the Foo Fighters...nothing you say about that but congrats. Our undergrad students are on par with each other we even has a slight edge on quality of undergrad but they have more rated programs bottom line undergrad is a wash. Their post grad is at another level we are not close, they got lucky based on location and local biz professionals needing to continue their education had they been located in Douglasville they would likely still just be a night college. They have numbers but yet to get the masses involved. More than anything they need what we need a consistent winning and a few big wins to bring in the untapped tens of thousands lost alums.

Not losing my mind over two seasons with a horrible coach so not willing to concede they are better overall by any stretch. Both schools should be in the top four in the Sun Belt every year when all you have to do is jump in a car to recruit all the three star talent you will ever need and be back home for dinner. They are not hot garbage any more and a decent Sun Belt team but still at the bottom of the FBS food chain and still have not won a conference title.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.