TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: Stadium upgrades

  1. Default Re: Stadium upgrades

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Those upgrades were to bring Paulson to FBS level. We need to keep up in the arms race.
    Yeah, and App, Ga State and CCU are doing exactly the same thing- in fact, we were first to make the “FBS level” upgrades.

    App merely added a scoreboard and is removing their track, Ga State didn’t even have a stadium of their own and CCU is just adding seats to their current HS stadium.

    The other programs have been in FBS longer then GS and they have already made their “FBS level” stadium upgrades. If you want us to be just like those programs then we have to wait for the next phase of updates, like they did.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    42,297

    Default Re: Stadium upgrades

    It's obvious 3 of our richer alumni likely are not going to big major benefactors. Jet only has his signing bonus money which is nowhere near enough to pay for major stadium upgrades.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  3. #13

    Default Re: Stadium upgrades

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yeah, and App, Ga State and CCU are doing exactly the same thing- in fact, we were first to make the “FBS level” upgrades.

    App merely added a scoreboard and is removing their track, Ga State didn’t even have a stadium of their own and CCU is just adding seats to their current HS stadium.

    The other programs have been in FBS longer then GS and they have already made their “FBS level” stadium upgrades. If you want us to be just like those programs then we have to wait for the next phase of updates, like they did.

    You kidding? Appys stadium kills ours even before these new renovations. Arky State, Lala, Troy, and Texas State are lapping us.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  4. Default Re: Stadium upgrades

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    You kidding? Appys stadium kills ours even before these new renovations. Arky State, Lala, Troy, and Texas State are lapping us.
    Appys press box kills ours, that is it, the rest of the stadium is just a HS stadium on steroids, nothing is impressive about it- aside from their new scoreboard. But, even if Kidd is a little better then Paulson, so what? It is not by a wide margin.

    StAte, UL and Troy have been in FBS for more then just the 4 years we have, so their facilities should be ahead of ours. Do you really want to be in a FBS conference full of programs that have worse facilities then a FCS moveup program? You need time (and money) to close that gap.

  5. Default Re: Stadium upgrades

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Seems as if every team in the Sun Belt is upgrading their stadium in the very near future. We have some alumni that very recently have become multi millionaires. Seems like a good place to start.
    A good place to start is selling more than 5k season tickets a year and to warrant upgrading the existing suites/press box
    t

  6. Default Re: Stadium upgrades

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    You kidding? Appys stadium kills ours even before these new renovations.

  7. #17

    Default Re: Stadium upgrades

    The Kleifekd excuse makers say the capacity isn’t big enough to host P5s(total bs), so let’s take that off the table.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  8. Default Re: Stadium upgrades

    Overspending catching up to these Power 5 schools?

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...ols/ar-AAzjaUW
    "I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

  9. Default Re: Stadium upgrades

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    A good place to start is selling more than 5k season tickets a year and to warrant upgrading the existing suites/press box
    t
    I disagree, IMO we do not need more season ticket holders to modernize a press box currently held together by bandaids and insects.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Quantico, VA
    Posts
    1,002

    Default Re: Stadium upgrades

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I disagree, IMO we do not need more season ticket holders to modernize a press box currently held together by bandaids and insects.
    Except that those extra season tickets would go a long way towards funding the modernization of said press box. The money needs to come from somewhere.
    Drew Geer
    Georgia Southern University 1991-1995
    BA History

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrades/Expansion
    By eagleskins in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 7th December 2009, 01:58 AM
  2. Any new stadium upgrades in 2009
    By gsueagle98 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10th June 2009, 12:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •