TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stadium upgrades

Default Re: Stadium upgrades

Visitors locker rooms? Who cares? Make the visitors as uncomfortable as possible. Troy has had no problems scheduling home and home with p5s.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Troy is a glorified high school.
    In what sense?

I agree our end-zone structures completely put them to shame but they've got a better press box and more man-made seats than us (30k capacity).
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

App's stadium is fool's gold. It looks awesome when you get there because of the mountains and the huge press box. But as you get into it you notice it's pretty dinky. It has metal bleachers as it's upper deck. And the track always made it look awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    You kidding? Appys stadium kills ours even before these new renovations. Arky State, Lala, Troy, and Texas State are lapping us.
    Nah man they had the FCS erector set seating expansion. Their home side is light years ahead but that includes their training facilities which we have them on. It is about even really. We need to tear down the sheet metal monster and expand the south lower bowl to match the other side in the short term and add a mid deck to the south stands when we have the money next.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

5. Default Re: Stadium upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Nah man they had the FCS erector set seating expansion. Their home side is light years ahead but that includes their training facilities which we have them on. It is about even really. We need to tear down the sheet metal monster and expand the south lower bowl to match the other side in the short term and add a mid deck to the south stands when we have the money next.
    Agree. Expand the south stands to match the north stands. Build a nice looking, modern press box/suites, and reinforce it to easily be able to stick a mid-deck on top of it when the time comes.

6. Default Re: Stadium upgrades

It seems apparent to me that the term "debt" has been redefined by millennials. I'm glad none of y'all are in charge of my house upgrades.. seriously though, the upgrades have been coming at a faster clip than ever. Patience, kimosabe.

I like that our mid deck really fits in naturally with the stadium. Most Sun Belt teams have upper decks that were clearly thrown up quickly just to get their capacity up.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    App's stadium is fool's gold. It looks awesome when you get there because of the mountains and the huge press box. But as you get into it you notice it's pretty dinky. It has metal bleachers as it's upper deck. And the track always made it look awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    In what sense?

I agree our end-zone structures completely put them to shame but they've got a better press box and more man-made seats than us (30k capacity).
    Like he said.

They've fixed their video board issue this year, but prior to that it was not that great over in the corner.

Their stadium looks good from a distance, not so much close up. Yea it has a lot of seats and a big press box...but nothing about it is impressive.

It's like how I've heard so much about WKU's stadium and it's pretty trash too.

Paulson has flaws, but it's way better than a lot of the stadiums I've been to out there. The one that interests me is South Alabama if they ever start actually moving dirt, since they would be building an FBS level stadium from the ground up.

We blew it big time with our video board. That thing won’t age well.

Home side renovations will basically pay for itself with more and upgraded luxury boxes.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

10. Default Re: Stadium upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    We blew it big time with our video board. That thing won’t age well.
    I cannot disagree with that.