TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Latest USA Today College Sports Revenue Numbers

Default Re: Latest USA Today College Sports Revenue Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    There is absolutely no way Gag sold that much in tickets.

even given the fact that actual teams come and whip their butts downtown.

Definitely something going on. Money laundering or something.

They wouldn’t sell that dollar amount if half their schedule was sold out to Alabama and tenn coming to whip some ghetto kitten ***. They have tens of fans. Tens.
    Its ticket sales PLUS contributions PLUS rights / licensing also they sell a good amount of basketball tickets I would imagine but most of that total comes from rights and licensing. Tickets $795,640 Contributions $879,632 Rights / Licensing $4,415,974
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

2. Default Re: Latest USA Today College Sports Revenue Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Ummm 23M of their budget comes from the school. The size of a budget does not tell the whole story. GS only had 7M come from school funds. Their budget and GaSt's are based on allocated funds not earned.
    True, but regardless of the source, it is still more money spent on making their programs better then we are spending. At least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    True, but regardless of the source, it is still more money spent on making their programs better then we are spending. At least for now.
    I would rather be in our situation than on basically welfare.

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    I would rather be in our situation than on basically welfare.

I wouldn't trade places with them, but they do hold a 3-1 record over our @$$&$ right now.
    Regardless of how it is paid for, they have had our number... (I'm going to throw up now)...

We CANNOT lose to them again in Football... like EVER.
    We've got to right this ship... it's just really hard to even believe.

The coach on the way out, the new coach and then his disaster of a second year....... What a chain of events that have lead to this amazing crap.

NEVER AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    I wouldn't trade places with them, but they do hold a 3-1 record over our @$$&$ right now.
    Regardless of how it is paid for, they have had our number... (I'm going to throw up now)...

The coach on the way out, the new coach and then his disaster of a second year....... What a chain of events that have lead to this amazing crap.

NEVER AGAIN!
    +1 bazillion

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    +1 bazillion
    We beat UMass and look GOOD in doing it, my hopes for a very good season will increase greatly. If UMass thumps us at home?, Yuck, could be in for a long rather lackluster season. Just have to wait and see. I think UMass this season matches very well with our SB competition.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    We beat UMass and look GOOD in doing it, my hopes for a very good season will increase greatly. If UMass thumps us at home?, Yuck, could be in for a long rather lackluster season. Just have to wait and see. I think UMass this season matches very well with our SB competition.
    I would agree with that. I UMass put up, what, 650+ yards of offense on us last year? And they're returning all their key players. If we can take care of business and knock them out soundly, I will start feeling a lot better about this season.
    Also, we SHOULD beat the ever living crap out of SCST. They were garbage last year. Though I will admit, I don't know much about who they've got returning.
    If we're 2-0 heading to Clemson, I'll be a pretty happy camper.
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time

Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I would agree with that. I UMass put up, what, 650+ yards of offense on us last year? And they're returning all their key players. If we can take care of business and knock them out soundly, I will start feeling a lot better about this season.
    Also, we SHOULD beat the ever living crap out of SCST. They were garbage last year. Though I will admit, I don't know much about who they've got returning.
    If we're 2-0 heading to Clemson, I'll be a pretty happy camper.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post

NEVER AGAIN!
    The post was in reference to CCU not GSU both are basically on welfare right now.

Concerning GSU, yes at worst we should be 2-2. I contend their first win had a ton of mitigating circumstances. If we were not already packed for our bowl with our coach one foot out the door and if they did not need the win to become bowl eligible I think we would have won. Or if the game was just played earlier in the year.

The last two can be directly attributed to the worst coaching hire in GS history. Yes VanDbag was horrible but we were FCS his resume was FCS worthy. Tyson Summers resume was not worthy of a DIV II job. TK has used his mulligan for sure he better hope and pray CCL is more than just an outstanding person and recruiter.

We really need to up our licensing revenue and follow closely to what UL is doing it is near amazing what they are pulling off with little institutional or student support.

you missed JDC's point.