TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CFN Preview 2018 College Football Rankings & Previews: No. 1 to 130

1. Default Re: CFN Preview 2018 College Football Rankings & Previews: No. 1 to 130

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    That's true, although Brett Moore was a rising junior in Monken's first off-season.

The point is, in the past when we've been through coaching changes coming off an awful year we tend to not realize what we have and underestimate talent.
    https://gatadb.com/seasons/1996

There's a handful of guys that collected stats on this 96 team that did alright for themselves.

2. Default Re: CFN Preview 2018 College Football Rankings & Previews: No. 1 to 130

The point is, in the past when we've been through coaching changes coming off an awful year we tend to not realize what we have and underestimate talent.
    Understood, but my point it that is less likely to be “underestimated talent” and more likely to be young underdeveloped talent that needed a year or two to be college elite.

Default Re: CFN Preview 2018 College Football Rankings & Previews: No. 1 to 130

And who would've thought in 2006 Raja Andrews would be the #2 all-time leading receiver?
    I might have.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Don't forget Pre Fritz, we had a couple of HC's that could recruit. CM and CS.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Don't forget Pre Fritz, we had a couple of HC's that could recruit. CM and CS.
    Hatcher as well..

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyGS View Post
    Ark St had 4 different coaches in 2011, 12, 13, and 14 and went 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 7-6. They dropped off a bit, but even with 1 and done coaches they still managed to win 7+ games every season. If the coaches you are bringing in are worth their salt they'll find ways not to decimate a program.
    Exactly you hire good coaches the transition has less effect on the program. You make a dumb Summers hire it sets you back two to three years.

TXST, GSU, GS and USA should all be better than their rankings.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Auburn had nothing to do with it. Last spring and Fall Werts was doing the same thing in scrimmages that he did in games. Not throwing unless the receiver was WIDE OPEN and bailing on the play way too early. It’s like he doesn’t have the ability to think AND be athletic at the same time. He hits a point way too quick in the play where his brain shuts down and he tries to let his athleticism take over.
    I don't think his QB coach was doing him many favors.

Thinking back, this seems kind of similar to Vad Lee and how his tenure at GT went.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I don't think his QB coach was doing him many favors.

Thinking back, this seems kind of similar to Vad Lee and how his tenure at GT went.
    I never would've guessed Vad Lee would be a Walter Payton finalist, and keep in mind that Everett Withers and not Mike Houston was coaching. Withers owes Lee for his chance to be an FBS coach because before he had Lee his offensive numbers were pretty unremarkable especially for a program where you can out-recruit almost all of the FCS.

To be fair, I guess he did also coach Justin Thomas, though I'm not sure he didn't get worse late in his career there.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

9. Default Re: CFN Preview 2018 College Football Rankings & Previews: No. 1 to 130

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I don't think his QB coach was doing him many favors
    They did not get along? I did not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    They did not get along? I did not know that.
    Not saying that.