TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For the X's and O's geeks

1. Default For the X's and O's geeks

This is the best breakdown of the Debesse/Ruse running game that I have seen. It's a very detailed look at our 2014 season (enjoy): https://rileykolstefootball.com/2018...hern-run-game/

Default Re: For the X's and O's geeks

Holy cow that's a lot of detailed research for what is likely a relatively small potential audience. And it's done by a couple of student-athletes?

Amazing what the offense can look like when executed properly and implemented competently.

4. Default Re: For the X's and O's geeks

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Amazing what the offense can look like when executed properly and implemented competently.
    If this dudes such a great offensive mind why hasn't he been picked up by a power 5 school. Is he a young coach just getting going?

Quote Originally Posted by gregallman View Post
    If this dudes such a great offensive mind why hasn't he been picked up by a power 5 school. Is he a young coach just getting going?
    Who are you talking about?

8.97 ypp on speed options. Wow. And Tyson Summers made those look so difficult.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

quite an interesting breakdown, thanks for posting Buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by gregallman View Post
    Are you talking about the guy who wrote this breakdown? He's a 'student/athlete' at a D-III school with 2,600 students and he looks to be all of about 19 years old. Pretty in-depth and impressive analysis if you ask me. Give him 10 years or so and I'd imagine his resume might look a little more impressive.

This is an excellent article.

This is the first link in that article. http://smartfootball.com/offense/why....zt0r3DoX.dpbs

It's a pretty basic write up of how a good offensive coodinator will design plays and adjust playcalling. The punch and counterpunch approach are what makes PJ and Ruse so good at their offenses. It makes me more confident in DeBesse, as his quotes about following his design rather than improvise show that he is really confident in his ability to watch defenders.