TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here We Grow Again

1. Default Re: Here We Grow Again

We have a GREAT campus!

So so much better than some of classes in musty trailer buildings back in the day.

if y’all ever want to see how good we have it, swing by SC’s campus in Columbia. Wow. What a dump.

Their library looks like it hasn’t been painted or cleaned since 1958.

Default Re: Here We Grow Again

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Kincaid View Post
    for some of us old timers who haven't walked across campus in the last few years, what was there?
    You need do, I walked campus for the first time in probably 15 years. Despite being in town for every home football game, spring game, the occasional baseball game. I never had a need to walk through campus. Only reason I did was the IS reunion.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

3. Default Re: Here We Grow Again

Our campus is outstanding and is one of our biggest selling points for recruiting students and student athletes. I have heard it said many times that once we get a student on the campus we usually win them over. I believe it.

Being a cheap @$$ we usually park for free near the book store or Sweetheart Circle and then walk to the stadium for the game. It is a good reminder of what attracted me to GS in the first place.

Yep, GS has become a MAJOR University no matter what some folks would have you think. And "you ain't seen nothing yet"!

5. Default Re: Here We Grow Again

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Anything else in the works?

Would love a bell tower.
    A bell tower would be cool even though nowadays, bell towers are kind of obsolete. Right now, a bell plays from a speaker on top of the library.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    I don’t know if Mr Armstrong deserves some of the credit, but this entire project of campus uniformity, pedestriums, etc., started under President Nick Henry’s administration. He has been recognized for the “plan” at his retirement.
    I have Dr Henry’s autograph on my diploma. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Yep, GS has become a MAJOR University no matter what some folks would have you think. And "you ain't seen nothing yet"!
    ^^^ The sky is falling! Savannah's taking over! HA! I had the pleasure of seeing these a couple months back.

If everything on the current wish list happens the campus as we know it will be unrecognizable in a decade. Think of it this way. We have a fresh new campus at what has become a major university virtually over night in a state that desperately needs it with fresh new YOUNG minds pushing exciting new things. Richard Armstrong was an amazing man and yes his leadership has been key in the development of what has becomes Georgia's most beautiful university.

8. Default Re: Here We Grow Again

I seriously can’t think of another public school in Georgia with a better campus than us. UGA has some nice buildings but they don’t fit together into a cohesive campus the way ours do. Maybe UNG might be able to hold a candle but I haven’t been up there since they became a university and I heard not much has changed unlike at GS.

9. Default Re: Here We Grow Again

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Well, I think to be a MAJOR university, the school has to have leading research and academic programs. Georgia Southern doesn't make its mark in World rankings of universities and its research activity is moderate using the Carnegie classification.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    I don’t know if Mr Armstrong deserves some of the credit, but this entire project of campus uniformity, pedestriums, etc., started under President Nick Henry’s administration. He has been recognized for the “plan” at his retirement.
    Yes, Armstrong was in the Henry administration. Nick supported the idea, but I heard at the time it was Armstrong pushing the details.