TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: The entirely plausible, but not at all likely, outcome of the 2018 Sunbelt season

Default The entirely plausible, but not at all likely, outcome of the 2018 Sunbelt season

Just posted this over on the Belt board. Figured I'd post if over here and see if anyone gets a kick out of it. Enjoy:

Bored at work, figured I would see if it was even possible for not only every Belt team to become bowl eligible, but if we could all end in a tie. Well, here it is.
    Pretty straight forward: green=win, red=lose.
    I worked based on the idea that every team would go .500 in OOC (no FCS losses guys!) then just started plugging in wins and losses. From there it was just tweaking the numbers.

Disclaimer: I am well aware that the likelihood of this happening is slim to none. Further, this is not my prediction, nor do I think many of these "outcomes" are realistic. Just wanted to see if it could be done, and drum up some conversation in the offseason.

Go ahead and rip it to shreds!Attachment 1883

Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time

2. Default Re: The entirely plausible, but not at all likely, outcome of the 2018 Sunbelt season

Oh God, I wish.

Default Re: The entirely plausible, but not at all likely, outcome of the 2018 Sunbelt season

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Oh God, I wish.
    The crap show it would cause would be amazing to say the least.

4. Default Re: The entirely plausible, but not at all likely, outcome of the 2018 Sunbelt season

Starting this season every SBC program cannot end in a tie because two of them will play a 13th (CCG) game.

Default Re: The entirely plausible, but not at all likely, outcome of the 2018 Sunbelt season

So who would go to the championship game it this scenario? Everyone is tied 4-4 in conference. Or do the divisions go into account?
    Edit: chief over on the Belt board just pointed out that the division records do matter. In this case Troy would play at UL for the championship game.
    Last edited by NO_QUARTER; 6th July 2018 at 11:25 PM.

6. Default Re: The entirely plausible, but not at all likely, outcome of the 2018 Sunbelt season

Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    So who would go to the championship game it this scenario? Everyone is tied 4-4 in conference. Or do the divisions go into account?
    Edit: chief over on the Belt board just pointed out that the division records do matter. In this case Troy would play at UL for the championship game.
    Yep, and I image their are other tie breaker plans in place, i.e. points scored, points allowed, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yep, and I image their are also tie breaker plans in place, i.e. points scored, points allowed, etc.
    Two-man sack races held on consecutive Sundays until a winner emerges.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

[QUOTE=CC Eagle;912947]Two

How about belly-bucking or thumb wrestling?