TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt key winnable OOC games

Default Sun Belt key winnable OOC games

WINNABLE KEY GAMES FOR US TO PASS THE MAC AND CUSA. Outside chance to pull even with the MW and still a long ways to go to even sniff the AAC.

Conservative predictions of the OOC games that looked winnable.

GSU vs KSU only FCS game that looked scary others should all be heavy favorites. L
    GSU vs Memphis L
    ULM vs USM L
    APP vs UNCC W
    APP vs USM W
    CCU vs UAB L
    CCU vs UMASS L
    GS vs UMASS W
    GS vs NMSU W
    GSU vs WMU W
    Troy vs Liberty W
    Troy vs Boise L
    Troy vs Nebraska L
    ARKST vs Tulsa W
    ARKST vs UNLV W
    UL vs NMSU W
    USA vs LaTech L
    USA vs Memphis L
    TXST vs Rutgers L
    TXST vs UTSA L

9-11 conservative prediction. Should not be huge underdogs in any of the above games. Troy and Nebraska will be closer I think than what the experts will predict. Any additional wins would be huge in conference rankings.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Default Re: Sun Belt key winnable OOC games

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    WINNABLE KEY GAMES FOR US TO PASS THE MAC AND CUSA. Outside chance to pull even with the MW and still a long ways to go to even sniff the AAC.

Conservative predictions of the OOC games that looked winnable.

GSU vs KSU only FCS game that looked scary others should all be heavy favorites. L
    GSU vs Memphis L
    ULM vs USM L
    APP vs UNCC W
    APP vs USM W
    CCU vs UAB L
    CCU vs UMASS L
    GS vs UMASS W
    GS vs NMSU W
    GSU vs WMU W
    Troy vs Liberty W
    Troy vs Boise L
    Troy vs Nebraska L
    ARKST vs Tulsa W
    ARKST vs UNLV W

UL vs NMSU W
    USA vs LaTech L
    USA vs Memphis L
    TXST vs Rutgers L
    TXST vs UTSA L

9-11 conservative prediction. Should not be huge underdogs in any of the above games. Troy and Nebraska will be closer I think than what the experts will predict. Any additional wins would be huge in conference rankings.
    You forgot Ark St doesn’t do W’s in OOC
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

3. Default Re: Sun Belt key winnable OOC games

I gotta tell y'all. I really don't care about our pecking order among the G5 conferences... it's like competing to be the world's tallest midget.

I really only care if GS shines. Makes no difference to me whether the conference is respected.

Everyone knows that Boise State is/was awesome. Nobody really cares whether the mountain west conference is any good.

4. Default Re: Sun Belt key winnable OOC games

That's where I'm at. Can't control whether sunbelt gets respect or not, but we control the product on the field. Take care of business and it'll take care of you

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I gotta tell y'all. I really don't care about our pecking order among the G5 conferences... it's like competing to be the world's tallest midget.

I really only care if GS shines. Makes no difference to me whether the conference is respected.

Everyone knows that Boise State is/was awesome. Nobody really cares whether the mountain west conference is any good.

I bet Gast gets KSU's best punch that they have. I'm also interested to see how they defend a true option attack.

No one can rely on stAte to win anything OOC, because their black magic apparently only works on conference games somehow.

Troy is going to get a rude awakening by Boise.

Other than that, I don't care what happens with the rest of the conference. The only thing that's important to us is to win our games.

I tend to agree with the camp that really doesn't care how the rest of the Sun Belt does. If we win our games, we'll be fine. The only thing IMO that conference wins does is help when TV contracts come up. But then, are we really talking any real big difference in dollars per school???

Speaking of GagSt and KSU, I was REALLY bored the other day and ventured over to their board. They had a couple posters there that basically said "I'm not worried about KSU's option. We know ho to handle the option because we have beaten GS." If they only knew that what we were running the last two years was about as far from the true option as we could be. I hope KSU puts 50 on them!!!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I tend to agree with the camp that really doesn't care how the rest of the Sun Belt does. If we win our games, we'll be fine. The only thing IMO that conference wins does is help when TV contracts come up. But then, are we really talking any real big difference in dollars per school???

Speaking of GagSt and KSU, I was REALLY bored the other day and ventured over to their board. They had a couple posters there that basically said "I'm not worried about KSU's option. We know ho to handle the option because we have beaten GS." If they only knew that what we were running the last two years was about as far from the true option as we could be. I hope KSU puts 50 on them!!!
    I would say it's not critically important, but to say it matters little or not at all is just myopic.

IMO, above all I want perception to catch up to reality that there's no difference between the MAC, CUSA, and SBC anymore, especially among our own fans. How the fans perceive the conference as a whole will affect attendance.

That, and finishing third versus finishing last in the G5 conference ratings can be the equivalent of adding another money game.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I would say it's not critically important, but to say it matters little or not at all is just myopic.

IMO, above all I want perception to catch up to reality that there's no difference between the MAC, CUSA, and SBC anymore, especially among our own fans. How the fans perceive the conference as a whole will affect attendance.

That, and finishing third versus finishing last in the G5 conference ratings can be the equivalent of adding another money game.
    Adding another money game per school? That would mean the difference in finishing third vs fifth is $1.5M per school or $18M? I've been known to be wrong before, but I'm not sure I agree with that. According to the below that I copied from the CFP website, the G5 conferences share +/- $81M. If they shared them evenly, that would be $16.2M each conference. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant, but that doesn't mean each school gets that much of a difference.

(2) Each of the 10 conferences will also receive a base amount. For conferences that have contracts for their champions to participate in the Orange, Rose or Sugar Bowl, the base combined with the full academic performance pool will be approximately $54 million for each conference. The five conferences that do not have contracts for their champions to participate in the Orange, Rose or Sugar Bowls will receive approximately $81.32 million in aggregate (full academic pool plus base), which the conferences will distribute as they choose. Notre Dame will receive a payment of $2.65 million if it meets the APR standard; the other three independents will share $928,503.
    Last edited by KJ Eagle; 9th July 2018 at 09:43 AM.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

Also, there are not fans that are making that distinction between G5's and saying I'm not going to a game at Paulson because the Sun Belt is the worst, but I would go if we were the third or second G5. Anyone not going to a game "because the Sun Belt teams inhale vigorously and I don't know who any of them are" would say the same thing if we were in the MAC. Except it would be "because the MAC teams inhale vigorously and I don't know who any of them are" To MOST fans, the G5s are all lumped together in anonymity.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Adding another money game per school? That would mean the difference in finishing third vs fifth is $1.5M per school or $18M? I've been known to be wrong before, but I'm not sure I agree with that. According to the below that I copied from the CFP website, the G5 conferences share +/- $81M. If they shared them evenly, that would be $16.2M each conference. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant, but that doesn't mean each school gets that much of a difference.

(2) Each of the 10 conferences will also receive a base amount. For conferences that have contracts for their champions to participate in the Orange, Rose or Sugar Bowl, the base combined with the full academic performance pool will be approximately $54 million for each conference. The five conferences that do not have contracts for their champions to participate in the Orange, Rose or Sugar Bowls will receive approximately $81.32 million in aggregate (full academic pool plus base), which the conferences will distribute as they choose. Notre Dame will receive a payment of $2.65 million if it meets the APR standard; the other three independents will share $928,503.
    The splits are not even.

1st gets more than 5th. Also the conference the with Access Bowl participant gets more as well.