TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

1. Default Re: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Charlie Cobb has done a better job changing the perception of Georgia State with other fan bases than he has people in Atlanta. People in Atlanta don't give two craps about Georgia State football.

2. Default Re: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

Georgia State's radio partners:
    WZGC-FM 92.9 - Atlanta, Ga.
    WRAS-FM 88.5 – Atlanta, Ga.
    WGTJ-AM 1330 - Gainesville, Ga.
    WRBN-FM 96.3 - Clayton, Ga.

Georgia Southern's radio partners:
    Americus - WGSW (106.9 FM)
    Dalton - WBLJ (1230 AM) - just football games; no football coach's show
    Douglasville - WXJO (1120 AM)
    Douglasville - WXJO (104.5 FM)
    Dublin - WDBG (102.1 HD2)
    Dublin - WDBG (102.1 FM)
    Fitzgerald-Jacksonville - WSIZ (102.3 FM)
    Jesup - WIFO (105.5 FM)
    Lyons - WLYU (100.9 FM)
    Manchester - WFDR (1370 AM)
    Manchester - WFDR (97.3 FM)
    Macon - WXKO (1150 AM)
    Macon - WXKO (99.5 FM)
    Savannah - WBMQ (630 AM)
    Statesboro - WPMX (102.9 FM) - just football games; no football coach's shows
    Statesboro - WHKN (94.9 FM) - just football coach's shows
    Swainsboro - WJAT (800 AM)
    Swainsboro - WJAT (99.7 FM)
    Thomson - WTHO (101.7 FM) - just football games; no football coach's show
    Tifton - WTTY (97.7 FM)
    Waycross - WVHY (97.1 FM)
    Waynesboro - WYBO (92.9 FM)

Oops didn't mean to poke a huge hole in some fans' beliefs that Georgia State has surpassed us and we should just give up sports. Whoopsies.

Default Re: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

Not getting into it but just pointing out that Atlanta metro has a higher population than the entire rest of the state of GA. Pushing close to 6 million, I'd guess four or five times more than the entire area coverage of the stations carrying GS. Again, that's not saying anyone is going to tune in to GSU but then again there probably ain't a whole lot of people tuning into GS either.

BTW, WTF happened to Atlanta radio? I seem to remember some halfway decent rock stations when I lived there from '99-'06. Greenville is a fraction of the size but has four different rock and alternative stations. Heck, the good alt station X 98.5 and pretty good Real Rock 104.9 Man Up don't even play a stupid *** morning show.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    BTW, WTF happened to Atlanta radio? I seem to remember some halfway decent rock stations when I lived there from '99-'06. Greenville is a fraction of the size but has four different rock and alternative stations. Heck, the good alt station X 98.5 and pretty good Real Rock 104.9 Man Up don't even play a stupid *** morning show.
    Who listens to terrestrial radio anymore?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Who listens to terrestrial radio anymore?
    Mostly really cool, really good looking people with good stations available to them. I co-op'ed at Rockwell Automation in Dublin during college and remember the radio stations there. If I had messed up and taken a job there I'd probably be saying that, too. Well, that and looking for another job for the past ten years.

Not getting into it but just pointing out that Atlanta metro has a higher population than the entire rest of the state of GA. Pushing close to 6 million, I'd guess four or five times more than the entire area coverage of the stations carrying GS. Again, that's not saying anyone is going to tune in to GSU but then again there probably ain't a whole lot of people tuning into GS either.

All the tone deaf sheep listen to top 40 manufactured autotuned music. Now get off my lawn.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

7. Default Re: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post

Oops didn't mean to poke a huge hole in some fans' beliefs that Georgia State has surpassed us and we should just give up sports. Whoopsies.

I would speculate that the number of impressions, or people reached by the 4 Ga State radio partners is greater then that of GS's radio partners. No whoopsies.

I think the primary benefit of the new Ga. State radio deal will be the day-to-day mentions and interviews, not the games that are broadcast. Ga. State gets "free advertising" in the Atlanta market, and that might even push the AJC to expand coverage.

Mostly really cool, really good looking people with good stations available to them. I co-op'ed at Rockwell Automation in Dublin during college and remember the radio stations there. If I had messed up and taken a job there I'd probably be saying that, too. Well, that and looking for another job for the past ten years.
    Dave drives all over the state for work.

Dave ain't chasing down a radio station in every town.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    I think the primary benefit of the new Ga. State radio deal will be the day-to-day mentions and interviews, not the games that are broadcast. Ga. State gets "free advertising" in the Atlanta market, and that might even push the AJC to expand coverage.
    They already get that on 92.9 before the agreement, as we do. We get mentioned on their station a lot more than State even if it's just in passing. I listen to 92.9 almost every day. AJC isn't wasting time or money on staff in this day and age of news media - he was reallocated off State for a reason. Zero fans cared. State AJC coverage pales in comparison to the attention high school football gets in Atlanta. Sure they'll get mentioned more now just to advertise the game but zero callers are going to call in to discuss Gag St football.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"