TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

Default Re: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

Quote Originally Posted by jonjonf57 View Post
    Just heard on 92.9 The Game that they will be the new exclusive broadcast partner for Panther athletics. This is the largest sports talk radio station in Atlanta, they are also the exclusive broadcaster of the Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta United and Atlanta Falcons. Coach Elliot will have an exclusive weekly segment on the morning show during the season, and Ron Hunter will do the same during the Duke's and Bell show from 2-7pm during basketball season. All their other sports and most basketball games will broadcast on the 92.9 HD2 station.
    So 92.9 will be the new "exclusive" broadcast partner for Panther athletics. (MY,MY how EXCLUSIVE of them!)

It will be nice for their Atlanta fans (ALL 50 of them) to hear the BEATDOWN that SOUTHERN will give this year!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by cmaxwellgsu View Post
    They were on one of 680 The Fan's AM affiliates, and its range was basically 285 plus 2-3 miles. This is actually a giant step forward.
    This is a big get for them, just like getting a football stadium, hosting P5s and whipping our fanny the every year.

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    So 92.9 will be the new "exclusive" broadcast partner for Panther athletics. (MY,MY how EXCLUSIVE of them!)

It will be nice for their Atlanta fans (ALL 50 of them) to hear the BEATDOWN that SOUTHERN will give this year!
    Sadly, we will do well to beat them in a hard fought game.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    This is a big get for them, just like getting a football stadium, hosting P5s and whipping our fanny the every year.

Sadly, we will do well to beat them in a hard fought game.
    A big get? I don’t think so. It’s radio! I would seriously doubt there is money paid to them for this. Exposure? Maybe a little, but how many people do you actually see tuning in to listen to a Georgia State game? My bet is that ratings fall dramatically from their normal sports talk format. Weekends are a vast wasteland for sports talk stations unless they are hosting a flagship school’s game day.

Personally I would not trade our stadium straight up for theirs...nor our fan base...nor our successes. They have long way to go before they are our equal despite the last three games.

4. Default Re: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

This is fantastic. All of Atlanta gets to hear us exact our revenge.

Just wondering when our fan base is going to figure out that State is and will continue to be a force to be reckoned with. I’m certainly proud of our history and am excited about our future, but to ignore State is akin to the ostrich burying its head in the sand.

I have been attempting to give a damn about this. But I just can’t do it.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    Just wondering when our fan base is going to figure out that State is and will continue to be a force to be reckoned with. I’m certainly proud of our history and am excited about our future, but to ignore State is akin to the ostrich burying its head in the sand.

this.

They have beaten us 3 straight times, have a much larger budget than us, are getting a new bball arena, and have the money to turn old turner field into a pretty solid stadium that can be used for recruiting. Sure, they only average 15k fans per game, but I doubt it stays that way forever. They may not be winning CC's in football right now, but their administration is getting money and spending it in droves. We on the other hand, have champagne tastes with a budweiser budget. And while the blue collar, do more with less attitude is great, having that mentality with a larger checkbook is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    This is fantastic. All of Atlanta gets to hear us exact our revenge.
    All of Atlanta will be listening to and watching other games and won't be on 92.9.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

9. Default Re: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

This thread currently has more responses than the same thread on their own board. I swear, State fans could fart on the MARTA and we would start a 10 page thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Okay?
    Dont be that guy. They are in the state and in the conference it is relevant.

It is radio though but FM radio....I will say they are the one station that has always treated us with some respect.

Side note on ATL radio, I still want to throat punch John Kincade. I was hoping after him and Buck got demoted to afternoons they would just keep on going out the door. If it were not for Buck and the thUGA / college football talk Kincade would be out of ATL by now. Dukes and Bell have worn thin on me getting way to political. We have the sportsX now with some B team guys. Horrible for the most part. The Front Row and Chuck and Chernoff still the best we have. Like Andy Bunker at night but rarely in the truck after 7 to listen.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.