TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

Default Re: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    This thread currently has more responses than the same thread on their own board. I swear, State fans could fart on the MARTA and we would start a 10 page thread about it.
    This is the greatest post I have ever seen on this board. They are an Atlanta team that just won its first bowl game. Not surprising an Atlanta station would give them a listen. Good for them. I think it is news but I don't think it means a ton about their program. It's not going to stop people from listening to Georgia or Georgia Tech. I don't think it will do much for their attendance. If somebody wants to just go watch football, Georgia Tech is not that much different in price with a much better atmosphere.

This thread currently has more responses than the same thread on their own board. I swear, State fans could fart on the MARTA and we would start a 10 page thread about it.
    1) its the off season, and 2) they have like 6 people that post on their boards regularly, and 3) we have a combination of "yay for them" and "who cares" that will drive more conversation and more posts than just a positive response from their fans about the news.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Why do we have people here who feel they need to almost trip over their own feet to defend Georgia State in every thread like this? No one was really knocking them, just saying that this isn't really a big deal (and it isn't).
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Why do we have people here who feel they need to almost trip over their own feet to defend Georgia State in every thread like this? No one was really knocking them, just saying that this isn't really a big deal (and it isn't).
    Because they are afraid that people forget we have struggled over the last few years and they want to remind everyone they think our program will never recover.

Just like GS fans boost GSU's attendance numbers when playing in ATL, so too will they boost their radio show numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Because they are afraid that people forget we have struggled over the last few years and they want to remind everyone they think our program will never recover.
    Yes! We’re doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Who is defending state? What is their to defend? The butt hurt and "who cares" comments every time something semi positive happens for them or any in conference team or rival screams insecurity. It is not like people are hanging off their nuts like other schools that we dont play and not in the conference. Always love when people take time to click on thread, read the thread and then take time to post "is not a big deal" or "matters" lol. Who are these people that come to your homes and read and comment in threads that dont matter?
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

8. Default Re: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    It is not like people are hanging off their nuts
    I should certainly hope not.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    I should certainly hope not.
    We have some on here that love the K9 variety.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Who is defending state? What is their to defend? The butt hurt and "who cares" comments every time something semi positive happens for them or any in conference team or rival screams insecurity.
    I'm talking about these comments:

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    Just wondering when our fan base is going to figure out that State is and will continue to be a force to be reckoned with. I’m certainly proud of our history and am excited about our future, but to ignore State is akin to the ostrich burying its head in the sand.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    this.

They have beaten us 3 straight times, have a much larger budget than us, are getting a new bball arena, and have the money to turn old turner field into a pretty solid stadium that can be used for recruiting. Sure, they only average 15k fans per game, but I doubt it stays that way forever. They may not be winning CC's in football right now, but their administration is getting money and spending it in droves. We on the other hand, have champagne tastes with a budweiser budget. And while the blue collar, do more with less attitude is great, having that mentality with a larger checkbook is even better.
    No one is "burying their heads in the sand" just because they're not singing the praises of something like this. And GSU08 must have missed the revenue reports and how much in subsidies Georgia State has.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.