TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

Default Re: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    This is the greatest post I have ever seen on this board. They are an Atlanta team that just won its first bowl game. Not surprising an Atlanta station would give them a listen. Good for them. I think it is news but I don't think it means a ton about their program. It's not going to stop people from listening to Georgia or Georgia Tech. I don't think it will do much for their attendance. If somebody wants to just go watch football, Georgia Tech is not that much different in price with a much better atmosphere.
    I guess its a big deal for State. I remember when we added stations under Erk & I was proud. As others have said they are an Atlanta team with an Atlanta station. GOOD FOR THEM.

I don't think it's that big a deal. It's like a Savanah station picking us up. What pisses me of is the AJC. Back in Erk's day they covered us fairly well and now? They have made great improvements, but they are not the TRUE GSU!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    I guess its a big deal for State. I remember when we added stations under Erk & I was proud. As others have said they are an Atlanta team with an Atlanta station. GOOD FOR THEM.

I don't think it's that big a deal. It's like a Savanah station picking us up. What pisses me of is the AJC. Back in Erk's day they covered us fairly well and now? They have made great improvements, but they are not the TRUE GSU!
    It is a big deal. The most power sports station in the 8 or 9 biggest media market in the US, it's not exctly like a Savanah starion picking us up.

3. Default Re: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    It is a big deal. The most power sports station in the 8 or 9 biggest media market in the US, it's not exctly like a Savanah starion picking us up.
    But its an Atlanta station covering a local team. That’s what he means. Is it fair that Georgia State gets handed things like this just for existing in a media market? No. Is it going to make a huge difference in their win column? Also no. Does this affect us in any way? Nope.

No, not really!

Southern Radio Stations. Southern WDUN Atlanta. Southern blankets the state of Ga. fairly well while the Panthers do not. Just because its in a great media market doesn't mean there will be a lot listeners. I'd rather blanket the state.

https://www.gotknowhow.com/articles/...ng-live-online

Here is the list of the Panthers radio network member stations with internet broadcast availability.

WIFN 1340
    WRAS 88.5
    WFOM 1230
    WGTJ 1330
    WRBN 96.3
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    But its an Atlanta station covering a local team. That’s what he means. Is it fair that Georgia State gets handed things like this just for existing in a media market? No. Is it going to make a huge difference in their win column? Also no. Does this affect us in any way? Nope.
    It affects us when we recruit in Atlanta, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'm talking about these comments:

No one is "burying their heads in the sand" just because they're not singing the praises of something like this. And GSU08 must have missed the revenue reports and how much in subsidies Georgia State has.
    Improvements they are making including picking up a respected FM sports radio station is a big deal. They recruit the same kids we recruit. State isn’t the school they were when they were doing money drops and had coaches wearing flashing sunglasses. Do I think they are a better program than us? Absolutely not. Do I despise them? You bet your fanny I do!! Are they the clown show they once were? Not by a long shot.

Gag has become a rival. Hate to say it but I see evidence that their entire program is getting very healthy. Atlanta donors are stepping up, when they build that 70-80 million dollar facility for basketball next to their football facility they will be a force with outstanding Atlanta support. They have the AD and head coaches in place to continue to excel. Anybody who doesn’t see that is missing reality. Honestly, since the beat down we handed them in the dome, our programs have gone in opposite directions starting with the beat down they put on us in Paulsonin Willies last game. Hopefully the pendulum will swing our way a little this year. Overall though, you got to hand it to Charlie Cobb. He has done a good job changing their perception up there.

They don't have a beat reporter covering them for the AJC but getting a radio deal is somehow a big deal?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

9. Default Re: Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership

It affects us when we recruit in Atlanta, trust me.
    Oh yeah I forgot those high schoolers are all about listening to radio up there in Atlanta nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Gag has become a rival. Hate to say it but I see evidence that their entire program is getting very healthy. Atlanta donors are stepping up, when they build that 70-80 million dollar facility for basketball next to their football facility they will be a force with outstanding Atlanta support. They have the AD and head coaches in place to continue to excel. Anybody who doesn’t see that is missing reality. Honestly, since the beat down we handed them in the dome, our programs have gone in opposite directions starting with the beat down they put on us in Paulsonin Willies last game. Hopefully the pendulum will swing our way a little this year. Overall though, you got to hand it to Charlie Cobb. He has done a good job changing their perception up there.
    Charlie Cobb has done a better job changing the perception of Georgia State with other fan bases than he has people in Atlanta. People in Atlanta don't give two craps about Georgia State football.