TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: 2018 College Football Hot Seat Rankings

  1. Default 2018 College Football Hot Seat Rankings

    CBS: Evaluating job security of all 129 FBS coaches

    Chad Lunsford received a 3 (Pressure is Mounting), on a scale of 0 (Untouchable) to 5 (Win or Be Fired)... do you agree?

    Other notables...

    Scott Satterfield- 1 (Safe and Secure)
    Blake Anderson- 2 (All good... for Now)
    Jeff Monken- 1 (Safe and Secure)
    Shawn Elliott- 2 (All good... for Now)
    Paul Johnson- 3 (Pressure is Mounting)
    Willie Fritz- 2 (All good... for Now)


    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...9-fbs-coaches/

  2. Default Re: 2018 College Football Hot Seat Rankings

    Well, we did fire our coach in the middle of the season last year. From the outside looking in, I can see how people might think our fan base is hot headed and that our coaching seat is permanently hot. "Win or be fired" is kind of our motto.

  3. #3

    Default Re: 2018 College Football Hot Seat Rankings

    I think PJ has two years left at the Nerd Herd unless he pulls off two 10+ win seasons in a row. CCL has two years if he is horrible three if he is average and extended with a CCG and bowl appearances.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  4. Default Re: 2018 College Football Hot Seat Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    I think PJ has two years left at the Nerd Herd unless he pulls off two 10+ win seasons in a row.
    I feel like Tech fans have been saying this for the last 8 years. I might get hate for this but I would love if his firing coincided with a coaching vacancy here. I know he wouldn't come back, but I can dream.

  5. #5

    Default Re: 2018 College Football Hot Seat Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    CBS: Evaluating job security of all 129 FBS coaches

    Chad Lunsford received a 3 (Pressure is Mounting), on a scale of 0 (Untouchable) to 5 (Win or Be Fired)... do you agree?

    Other notables...

    Scott Satterfield- 1 (Safe and Secure)
    Blake Anderson- 2 (All good... for Now)
    Jeff Monken- 1 (Safe and Secure)
    Shawn Elliott- 2 (All good... for Now)
    Paul Johnson- 3 (Pressure is Mounting)
    Willie Fritz- 2 (All good... for Now)


    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...9-fbs-coaches/
    I think a 2 would have made much more sense. He is popular with the fan base and seems to have made strides at the end of the season before bringing in what looks to be a much better staff. Right now is all good, but if he goes 4-8 this year or something like that pressure will be mounting.

  6. #6

    Default Re: 2018 College Football Hot Seat Rankings

    This year I would put him at a 1

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    7,120

    Default Re: 2018 College Football Hot Seat Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Well, we did fire our coach in the middle of the season last year. From the outside looking in, I can see how people might think our fan base is hot headed and that our coaching seat is permanently hot. "Win or be fired" is kind of our motto.
    I agree with that perception of our fans from the inside too, not just outside looking in. We are a fickle bunch and are always "win or be fired" from about day one.
    Having said that, I would put him at 1 or 2 this year only. He's gained a lot of respect in a short time. I don't think we can afford to fire anyone after one year though. CTS was proof of that.
    Last edited by KJ Eagle; 10th July 2018 at 10:17 AM.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    27,226

    Default Re: 2018 College Football Hot Seat Rankings

    Any coach in his first year is a 1. Unless it’s a Scott Frost type situation and then it’s a 0.

    Jeff Monken should be at a 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  9. #9

    Default Re: 2018 College Football Hot Seat Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Any coach in his first year is a 1. Unless it’s a Scott Frost type situation and then it’s a 0.

    Jeff Monken should be at a 0.
    yep, Monken is set for life.

  10. #10

    Default Re: 2018 College Football Hot Seat Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    yep, Monken is set for life.
    If he beats Navy again this year, they’ll put up a statue. 😊

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 CFB Head Coach Hot Seat Rankings
    By eagle95 in forum Media Links
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th July 2018, 09:48 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 9th July 2018, 06:46 AM
  3. College football coaches on the hot seat in 2016
    By GSU25+yrFan in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 4th June 2016, 09:58 AM
  4. Georgia college football rankings
    By Pike51 in forum TALON Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd July 2010, 12:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •