TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SBC Football Chmpionship logo revealed

Default Re: SBC Football Chmpionship logo revealed

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yeah, but we have three SB games before the 8th game. We cannot lose all of those games (even if we go undefeated the last 4 games) and expect to be in the CCG. IMO you have to assume either App or Troy, if not both, will win at least 6 SBC games.
    It's a divisional championship. I believe only wins against division foes count for CCG game appearance. So, even both teams in the championship could be like 4-8 or 3-11 and still make it as long as the wins came against those in their division. That means a 4-8 GS team that only won against the four other teams in the East would get in even if those other teams were all 11-1.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    It's a divisional championship. I believe only wins against division foes count for CCG game appearance. So, even both teams in the championship could be like 4-8 or 3-11 and still make it as long as the wins came against those in their division. That means a 4-8 GS team that only won against the four other teams in the East would get in even if those other teams were all 11-1.
    No other conference operates that way. All your conference games count equally in the standings; they're just split into the divisions.

Yeah I highly doubt only the division games will count. That makes zero sense and no other conference does it. Honestly, the entire endeavor is silly...if you're only going to have 10 teams, you don't need two divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Yeah I highly doubt only the division games will count. That makes zero sense and no other conference does it. Honestly, the entire endeavor is silly...if you're only going to have 10 teams, you don't need two divisions.
    Yeah. Don’t expect to be in championship game with less 6-7 conference wins. Seven would be better.

I'm talking out of my *** like usual. Sorry.

I don't think it's completley impossible. Our three toughest conference games are all at home with Troy and App later in the season. If we could go 2-1 in those games I think we give ourselves a shot.

Saying it again I got a gut feeling about this season...hope it is not just indigestion.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Saying it again I got a gut feeling about this season...hope it is not just indigestion.
    Same here
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Actually surprised, considering last two seasons.
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.