TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clemson

Default Clemson

Looking at tailgate options in Clemson. There is a General Admission lot on perimeter road. What are others planning?
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

Default Re: Clemson

Have they released what lot the alumni bbq is? I'd park close to there if possible.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Was just looking at this ... we're staying in Greenville at the Hilton on Haywood ... trying to figure out driving , parking, shuttle possibly .. we're doing the bbq too but want to get there early to walk around some .
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

Our group will most likely be in the general admission lot (C-1 I believe it is called). You can pre-purchase passes for $25 from Clemson. Those of us that are spending the night are at the Comfort Suites in Anderson.

The Snow Family Outdoor Fitness grass area near the lake looks like a good choice. Also $25 online. At least they offer shuttle service back there after the game.
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesDare View Post
    The Snow Family Outdoor Fitness grass area near the lake looks like a good choice. Also $25 online. At least they offer shuttle service back there after the game.
    this .. my Clemson friend said this is a good place and will near by the alumni tailgate ...

https://www.clemson.edu/campus-life/...l-parking.html
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

[QUOTE=gsugt1;915187]this .. my Clemson friend said this is a good place and will near by the alumni tailgate ...

https://www.clemson.edu/campus-life/...l-parking.html[/QUOTE

I like the C1 lot.
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

Our group has 5 passes in C-1.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesDare View Post
    It looks like this is where the alumni tailgate is being held.
    Heath Vickers
    Degree from Georgia Southern - BBA in Accounting in 2006
    Jacksonville, Florida

For those making the trip,

There will be an influx of people in the Greenville area, where I know some of our fans plan to stay, due to the World Equestrian Games in Tryon September 11-23. This is a HUGE event for the U.S & the area to host. Over 550 horses are being flown in to Greenville-Spartanburg airport, with the first flights arriving yesterday. Competitors have already been making their way to the area as well. There's not a whole lot in terms of lodging in the immediate area of the games, so Greenville is going to be hosting quite a few spectators (& possibly participants).

Be prepared for traffic!!

Furman also has a home game, but I'm not sure how much that'll impact us since our game is earlier in the day, and that's not a huge crowd anyways.

If anyone wants to discuss carpooling options, I'm happy to do so!! I'll be coming from the Columbus, NC area just off of I-26 near the NC/SC border. I don't plan to drink during tailgating and I have room for 6 passengers (+ME) in my SUV.

Many of you may only be staying Friday, but I just wanted to throw it out there so you could be prepared!