TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NC State to Visit South Alabama

Default NC State to Visit South Alabama

Man, oh man, is this a kick in the teeth.

South Alabama, who has yet to field a football team, has signed a 3-year deal with North Carolina State. They visit NCSU twice while the Wolfpack pays a visit to Mobile in 2015.

Meanwhile, we are supposed to get excited and line up to buy tickets when our Eagles play host to the Albany Great Danes and Savannah State. Uff-Da!

http://www.championshipsubdivisionne...log=2#more4484

I would make a small bet they will buy that game out and never play in Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by gsugt1 View Post
    So they'll be getting money for a game they dont have to play? Sounds like a good deal to me!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gsugt1 View Post
    Any predictions on the stock market this time next year? When the big California quake will hit? You must have quite a crystal ball over there.
    “Not a young man who played for Erk Russell…won’t tell his children and grandchildren something he learned from this great man. It was like that with Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant” - Keith Jackson

Even if they buy the game out it still remains that USA is taking initiative. They currently have a deal for a big name program to play at HOME

We settle with... well, gata has already said that. If Sammy the Everlasting Dreamstopper announced a move up and a home game with NC State it would equal all kinds of interest/support in the area. The announcement would do more for GSU than what is currently going on in college affairs.

At least they are trying.
    Last edited by ERK-MOBILE; 8th June 2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: I just love editing
    32.432772, -81.781416

Quote Originally Posted by GATA ERK View Post
    Any predictions on the stock market this time next year?
    It will higher than it is today.

Why would teams like NC State agree to a game like this? I bet their fans are as hating this as much as ours are about going to South Dakota.

8. Default

Why should I be upset about playing Albany and Furman instead of NC State?

We play FCS football. It's not surprising that South Alabama is scheduling FBS opponents...they've made their intentions clear...they're going to play FBS football. We should be mad because a future FBS team is scheduling FBS opponents? I heard UGA is planning on playing a bunch of FBS opponents at home too...

maybe if App State, Delaware or Furman were scheduling NC State at home then I would be pissed.

My point isn't to be a dick about this, but we're not really missing out on anything. We're setting the same type of schedule as EVERY other FCS team that has not gone public that they are moving to FBS. We're doing exactly what we should be doing as far as scheduling.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Why should I be upset about playing Albany and Furman instead of NC State?

We play FCS football. It's not surprising that South Alabama is scheduling FBS opponents...they've made their intentions clear...they're going to play FBS football. We should be mad because a future FBS team is scheduling FBS opponents? I heard UGA is planning on playing a bunch of FBS opponents at home too...

maybe if App State, Delaware or Furman were scheduling NC State at home then I would be pissed.

My point isn't to be a dick about this, but we're not really missing out on anything. We're setting the same type of schedule as EVERY other FCS team that has not gone public that they are moving to FBS. We're doing exactly what we should be doing as far as scheduling.
    I think you missed the point of the article which is USA doesn't even have a football team yet they are moving to FBS AND already scheduling major FBS teams. If a school that doesn't even have a football can pull all of this off, why can't we seem to do anything given our tradition, top 5 attendence in FCS and student body growth that will have us near 24k students in 10 years.
    “Not a young man who played for Erk Russell…won’t tell his children and grandchildren something he learned from this great man. It was like that with Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant” - Keith Jackson

Wow the anti Sun Belt spin is really weak today. The point is not they are FBS and are playing FBS opponents the point is according to the haters is things like that are not happen in the "inhale vigorously Belt". It was argued just a few years ago that BCS teams would not come to Sun Belt schools. One more anti Sun Belt criticism bites the dust. By the way NC State is not just FBS they are BCS as well for USA to allready have them coming in is a big deal no matter what the haters say.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.