TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Secondary needs a nickname

Default Re: Defensive Secondary needs a nickname

Yeah. I don’t get the love for our secondary. They were hamstrung by Crazy Eyes, but they aren’t elite. Maybe under Sloan they could be.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Yeah. I don’t get the love for our secondary. They were hamstrung by Crazy Eyes, but they aren’t elite. Maybe under Sloan they could be.
    I know you enjoy being negative, but how could you watch what Brinson and Vildor did the last few games and not see how special those two are.

It’s not as deep as some of y’all crabbing about it. Literally, ONLY an idea of POSSIBLY giving a unit a niccname. RE-LAX.

I would think that the defense would need at the very least 1 game so we can see what they are capable of. If SC State throws all over us, it would be silly if we marketed the defense as the no fly zone all summer.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I know you enjoy being negative, but how could you watch what Brinson and Vildor did the last few games and not see how special those two are.
    Brinson by far is one of the best DB's we have ever had at GS.

Apparently, if you look at the ratio of incompletions in passing situations that were the results of breakups or interceptions, we were 12th in the nation. Our secondary did a pretty good job last year. The last 2 years we were actually pretty decent on 3rd down as well, the problem was we struggled getting teams to 3rd down.

Duck made first team last year and his statline was the same or slightly under Brinson's in a category or 2. The difference? W/L record......so guess who got the nod?

Deciding on a nickname at this point by us reminds me of future grandparents deciding ahead of time what their future grandchild is going to call them. Wait until that grandchild is capable of deciding. Then it will be a name that really means something. My grandson decided what to call me as soon as he could talk and it’s far more meaningful, because he earned the right and he chose it and it means the world to me. You younger guys may not understand, but if you are lucky, one day you will.

No wonder kids these days have such a sense of entitlement.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    No wonder kids these days have such a sense of entitlement.
    +100

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Apparently, if you look at the ratio of incompletions in passing situations that were the results of breakups or interceptions, we were 12th in the nation. Our secondary did a pretty good job last year. The last 2 years we were actually pretty decent on 3rd down as well, the problem was we struggled getting teams to 3rd down.

Duck made first team last year and his statline was the same or slightly under Brinson's in a category or 2. The difference? W/L record......so guess who got the nod?
    Is this a bona fide metric? Ratio of incompletions due to break ups/int's to . . . what? Total incompletions? In passing situations only? This may mean something or it may not. Seems like it needs to be taken in the context of # of incompletions or opponent's completion %, no? I mean, isn't this ratio going to be higher if the other team has fewer missed throws and fewer drops? You cold have most of your (potentially few) incompletions due to breakups or int's and still get absolutely dominated, statistically speaking. No knock on our D here, just not sure if I understand this measurement.