TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp Begins.....

1. Default Camp Begins.....

The players have reported and camp is open. Here is a link to the first camp confidential story. Some bad news shared that I had not heard until now(maybe it was known and I missed it).

The Eagle will be without offensive tackle Drew Wilson during camp and preseason due to an injury. Head coach Chad Lunsford is hopeful Wilson will be able to return to the practice field sooner rather than later, but in the meantime, it will give a young group of hungry linemen like Savannah's Brian Miller and some others a chance to gain valuable reps in Wilson's absence. Also, Lunsford has announced that RJ Murray, J.B. Kouassi and Zack Copeland will have to retire due to injury but will still be in the Ted Smith Family Football Center helping out as student assistants. He feels they're too valuable as leaders to not be a part of the team and wants to make sure they're around lending a hand in different areas. Murray and Copeland have already graduated and Kouassi is on track to receive his diploma this year.

https://gseagles.com/news/2018/8/1/f...yet-again.aspx
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

Default Re: Camp Begins.....

If August will be anything like this past month weather wise look for a BUNCH of practices being cut short. Maybe time to seriously looking into building an indoor football practice facility. This long long lasting weather pattern is getting old!

3. Default Re: Camp Begins.....

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    If August will be anything like this past month weather wise look for a BUNCH of practices being cut short. Maybe time to seriously looking into building an indoor football practice facility. This long long lasting weather pattern is getting old!
    +100 past due for an indoor facility.

(I still like my idea of putting a roof over the track/soccer stadium once the Tormenta arena is built)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    +100 past due for an indoor facility.

(I still like my idea of putting a roof over the track/soccer stadium once the Tormenta arena is built)
    It's been raining constantly in Statesboro this Summer. A lot like 2013 when the stadium construction was going on.

Sad to see three career-ending injuries. I wonder how much learnin' to be TUFF had to do with them...
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    It's been raining constantly in Statesboro this Summer. A lot like 2013 when the stadium construction was going on.

Sad to see three career-ending injuries. I wonder how much learnin' to be TUFF had to do with them...
    It's 6:10, been raining here in Boro since 3:10. Got 2 and a half inches in my rain guage.

It's 6:10, been raining here in Boro since 3:10. Got 2 and a half inches in my rain guage.
    Could you run by the parking lot and spread some fertilizer on my parking spots?
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

Been saying it for a while.

Especially after someone got struck by lightning under the pavilion.

Loss of Murray hurts.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post
    Could you run by the parking lot and spread some fertilizer on my parking spots?
    yah, i'll put on my scuba gear and get right over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Loss of Murray hurts.
    well to be honest he was injured so much that in the big picture he wasn't on the field that much.