TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Camp Begins.....

Default Re: Camp Begins.....

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    This also keeps the defense from subbing. If we sub late in a play clock this season, and get a delay of game because we can't start until the defense subs, I am gonna be pretty friggin grumpy. Our former fearless leader did not catch on to that very quickly in 2016.
    Conversely, if we play an offense that subs a lot as well as tries to mix in tempo, we should send a late defensive sub to delay their offense.

We actually did a decent job of this against Auburn in the first game but that seemed to be about the only one we did it.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    ^This. Use temp as needed. Unless using the muddle huddle you should ALWAYS get tomthe line quickly. Now that doesn’t mean you have to run a play quickly. But if the defense is not ready then go fast. That’s what Oregon and Baylor used to do 1st half to build a lead and then slow down 2nd half. I was listening to sports talk radio the other day and rightfully so people were criticizing Malzhan for slowing down so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    This also keeps the defense from subbing. If we sub late in a play clock this season, and get a delay of game because we can't start until the defense subs, I am gonna be pretty friggin grumpy. Our former fearless leader did not catch on to that very quickly in 2016.
    + 1

Like both comments. It’s not too dissimilar to a pitcher in Baseball being able to change pace on his delivery and keep the batter off kilter or using change of speeds on pitches making a fastball and change up look the same visually.

https://gseagles.com/news/2018/8/6/f...ch-foster.aspx

This has some interesting tidbits in it.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Only thing I'm not quite sure about is how it was referred to as being "the fifth year of this tradition."

I think it started when Monken came back. I know him and Keel got in the creek that year, and I think the players did too, so that would put us at 8 years.

8. Default Re: Camp Begins.....

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Only thing I'm not quite sure about is how it was referred to as being "the fifth year of this tradition."

I think it started when Monken came back. I know him and Keel got in the creek that year, and I think the players did too, so that would put us at 8 years.
    I thought Fritz started it.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    I thought Fritz started it.
    In Lunsford's interview, he said he got in it when he first came back, so that means at least 2013.

You can see both Monken and Dr. Keel in the creek below, but it may have just started small and not become a senior class thing until Fritz. But this would show that the coaches (and President) have been getting in the creek since at least 2010.
    Stealing from gasouthern01's post where he talks about getting this signed picture here: https://www.gsufans.net/tsc/showthre...nd-woman-caves

10. Default Re: Camp Begins.....

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    In Lunsford's interview, he said he got in it when he first came back, so that means at least 2013.

You can see both Monken and Dr. Keel in the creek below, but it may have just started small and not become a senior class thing until Fritz. But this would show that the coaches (and President) have been getting in the creek since at least 2010.
    Stealing from gasouthern01's post where he talks about getting this signed picture here: https://www.gsufans.net/tsc/showthre...nd-woman-caves

Nice!