TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp Begins.....

Default Re: Camp Begins.....

1st practice of camp has already been moved to Paulson because the fields are too squishy.

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyGS View Post
    1st practice of camp has already been moved to Paulson because the fields are too squishy.
    Was originally bumped up to 0830, but they've moved it even earlier to start at 0745.

ULL, stAte, App, USA all have IPFs that I can think of. I know Gast has one planned in their future upgrades. At a minimum that's half of the conference and I'm sure others aren't far behind.

Pretty soon we will be the only ones that have our practice times dictated by mother nature. We've been needing to take care of this. I don't even care about it for recruiting, it's more about safety and maintaining consistency.

We need it.
    Last edited by eaglewraith; 3rd August 2018 at 06:38 AM.

What's the cost of an IPF? Could we do some sort of special campaign to get the funds for it? Maybe targeting former members of athletics that have greater income now (coughcough*NFL*coughcough).

anyone think Lane looks a little bulked up? Also, obviously rockin the 'stache inspired by Coach Cunningham haha.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    What's the cost of an IPF? Could we do some sort of special campaign to get the funds for it? Maybe targeting former members of athletics that have greater income now (coughcough*NFL*coughcough).
    Depends how we do one. Costs can range from $2M to $5M or surely the big boys spend $20M on theirs.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Probably upper 7 figures for one worth building.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Bottom line, teams are getting valuable reps while we are tip toeing through 5 inches of squishy water on our practice fields and that isn't taking the thunder and lightning into consideration. Long range forecast is at least 2 more weeks of this crap. The only thing loving it is my Bermuda front yard grass.

8. Default Re: Camp Begins.....

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I’m sure we bleed them dry already

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Bottom line, teams are getting valuable reps while we are tip toeing through 5 inches of squishy water on our practice fields and that isn't taking the thunder and lightning into consideration. Long range forecast is at least 2 more weeks of this crap. The only thing loving it is my Bermuda front yard grass.
    The upside is the mornings have been dry and most of the rain has been in the afternoon.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

10. Default Re: Camp Begins.....

[QUOTE=PowerEagle;914771]What's the cost of an IPF? Could we do some sort of special campaign to get the funds for it? Maybe targeting former members of athletics that have greater income now (coughcough*NFL*coughcough).[/QUOTET

This is they IPF at Colquitt County HS I posted a while back. I want to say the cost was around 4-5m. Apparently there are some big farmer boosters down that way. I would settle for this..

• 73,141 sq. ft. multipurpose indoor facility
    • 100 yd artificial turf field with 1 end zone
    • 20 ft. of sidelines surrounding field
    • 48 ft. to ridge from center of field
    • End zone has net with simulated goal post
    • 10 overhead coiling doors that can be opened to allow airflow when 8 24′ diameter fans are running
    • Fans and doors are connected to thermostat so doors will open and fans will cut on when building reaches a preset temperature
    • Heaters are connected to thermostat and cut on when building reaches a preset temperature