TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp Begins.....

1. Default Re: Camp Begins.....

[QUOTE=acm85;914782]
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    What's the cost of an IPF? Could we do some sort of special campaign to get the funds for it? Maybe targeting former members of athletics that have greater income now (coughcough*NFL*coughcough).[/QUOTET

This is they IPF at Colquitt County HS I posted a while back. I want to say the cost was around 4-5m. Apparently there are some big farmer boosters down that way. I would settle for this..

• 73,141 sq. ft. multipurpose indoor facility
    • 100 yd artificial turf field with 1 end zone
    • 20 ft. of sidelines surrounding field
    • 48 ft. to ridge from center of field
    • End zone has net with simulated goal post
    • 10 overhead coiling doors that can be opened to allow airflow when 8 24′ diameter fans are running
    • Fans and doors are connected to thermostat so doors will open and fans will cut on when building reaches a preset temperature
    • Heaters are connected to thermostat and cut on when building reaches a preset temperature

Wow. Good GOD they take their football seriously down there!!!

Default Re: Camp Begins.....

Here's what's sad. We supposedly play Division I CFB, and we are LEGITIMATELY jealous of HS facilities (insert Hanner Fieldhouse joke here).

It wasn't just boosters in Moultrie. Colquitt County voters approved a five year extension on a 1% sales tax increase to help fund that and some other projects, and that tax increase was estimated to be worth over $5M a year so just one year paid for the indoor facility which has a kitchen and dining area, offices, classrooms, laundry room, etc. Plus a local bank offered a discount interest rate to help fund it. People backed it because they are winning down there. GS doesn't have that right now so it's a much harder row to hoe.
    http://www.moultrieobserver.com/news...287552c4c.html

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    well to be honest he was injured so much that in the big picture he wasn't on the field that much.
    Didn't he lead the team in tackles last season? Most of the time he missed in 2017 came from targeting calls, IIRC.

It's a loss for sure.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

5. Default Re: Camp Begins.....

South Alabama just completed their open-air IPF, the one that collapsed during construction last year

Sorry I don't know how to embed tweets: https://twitter.com/STCFieldBuilder/status/1025077600614592514

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Here's what's sad. We supposedly play Division I CFB, and we are LEGITIMATELY jealous of HS facilities (insert Hanner Fieldhouse joke here).
    Yeah after being in the top level of football for decades we...wait...our lack of facilities is directly linked to wasting 15 years in the FCS and suffering under a horrible low standard AD.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    South Alabama just completed their open-air IPF, the one that collapsed during construction last year

Sorry I don't know how to embed tweets: https://twitter.com/STCFieldBuilder/status/1025077600614592514
    That's a smart way to save a lot of costs. Wonder how much less it was to have it built this way?

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Yeah after being in the top level of football for decades we...wait...our lack of facilities is directly linked to wasting 15 years in the FCS and suffering under a horrible low standard AD.
    Let's not forget the president's he worked under, one of which didn't do sports interviews. Leadership comes from the top. That AD reported to someone.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I'm fairly sure many G5 schools don't have IPFs. Ark State, UL, and App (I think) are the only ones in the Sun Belt that have one, and App's doesn't even have a full-size field. Don't forget high schools can get access to local funds that colleges can't (at least in Georgia).
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I happened to see a feature on the USA IPF and it is impressive. According to the coach, it’s the largest IPF in Alabama and combined with the new athletic facility and weight room and announcement for a new on campus stadium puts USA at near the top of our conference with facilities. Ark St is probably still better but they are going to be a close second. As we know, Mobile gets the most rainfall in the country so they probably need one worse than we do but we do need an IPF.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'm fairly sure many G5 schools don't have IPFs. Ark State, UL, and App (I think) are the only ones in the Sun Belt that have one, and App's doesn't even have a full-size field. Don't forget high schools can get access to local funds that colleges can't (at least in Georgia).
    Add USA.

Gast has one in their plans for the Ted, and it will be built since they're basically doing all of that on credit and paying it back later.

That's 5 schools in the conference.

I don't care if we'd be the only ones in conference to have one, we need it.