TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp Begins.....

Default Re: Camp Begins.....

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Add USA.

Gast has one in their plans for the Ted, and it will be built since they're basically doing all of that on credit and paying it back later.

That's 5 schools in the conference.

I don't care if we'd be the only ones in conference to have one, we need it.
    Yeah I saw that just a few minutes ago, it's basically a metal canopy sitting on steel columns, but if it works then that would be okay with me.

I still like whoever suggested before to basically build a canopy over Eagle Field once the soccer team will be playing at the Tormenta field.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    What's the cost of an IPF? Could we do some sort of special campaign to get the funds for it? Maybe targeting former members of athletics that have greater income now (coughcough*NFL*coughcough).
    UAB built one that is not closed in. We could start that way and then close it in once the money becomes available.

so....how's camp going?

4. Default Re: Camp Begins.....

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    so....how's camp going?
    I’m up in ATL, but maybe Buzz can swing by and give us some analysis.

“Guys, the whole team got lost in quicksand. Then the staff got washed away in lava.... The graduate assistants thought they were safe, but then the locusts showed up....”

Can always count on ol’ Buzz to give us the happy news!

Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Looking forward to seeing how Parker Devine does. I think he may have huge upside and potential. As far as a indoor facility I would want to do one the right way. I dont want one just to have one. If we cant do it nice and have it look like a nice college indoor facility I would wait. We need to do it right. Georgia is one of the, win or lose, a premier college football program in the country and they just got one. They have the $$$ obviously but they did it right. We need to wait and do it right. Another thing is i read all the time where people say we need this and we need that..............well we do need allot of stuff still but folks got to start coming off their wallets. We just dont have the $$$ to do allot of what we want like other universities do. Got to start coming off the wallets. We are building a nice alumni base now we need to reach out to those folks and keep them involved. Many of our grads from the Atlanta area move back after graduation and forget about GS and become fans of UGA or other things. We have got to start wining on a regular basis again and start beating some good OOC teams and get the attention we deserve and start holding on to our graduates and keeping them donating. Thats how it needs to work. its not an easy task as its hard to keep people involved in things.
    1989 15-0 National Champions

"Its not what you have, its what you do with what you have" Erk.

Quote Originally Posted by parr90 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how Parker Devine does. I think he may have huge upside and potential. As far as a indoor facility I would want to do one the right way. I dont want one just to have one. If we cant do it nice and have it look like a nice college indoor facility I would wait. We need to do it right. Georgia is one of the, win or lose, a premier college football program in the country and they just got one. They have the $$$ obviously but they did it right. We need to wait and do it right. Another thing is i read all the time where people say we need this and we need that..............well we do need allot of stuff still but folks got to start coming off their wallets. We just dont have the $$$ to do allot of what we want like other universities do. Got to start coming off the wallets. We are building a nice alumni base now we need to reach out to those folks and keep them involved. Many of our grads from the Atlanta area move back after graduation and forget about GS and become fans of UGA or other things. We have got to start wining on a regular basis again and start beating some good OOC teams and get the attention we deserve and start holding on to our graduates and keeping them donating. Thats how it needs to work. its not an easy task as its hard to keep people involved in things.
    Miami is just now getting one as well. I like the open air concept like at USA.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

8. Default Re: Camp Begins.....

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I’m up in ATL, but maybe Buzz can swing by and give us some analysis.

“Guys, the whole team got lost in quicksand. Then the staff got washed away in lava.... The graduate assistants thought they were safe, but then the locusts showed up....”

Can always count on ol’ Buzz to give us the happy news!
    you forgot to include his prediction that we will go -2 and 100 this season and that we should give our national championship trophies back to the NCAA because we don’t deserve them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Bottom line, teams are getting valuable reps while we are tip toeing through 5 inches of squishy water on our practice fields and that isn't taking the thunder and lightning into consideration. Long range forecast is at least 2 more weeks of this crap. The only thing loving it is my Bermuda front yard grass.
    We may be playing in squishy water all season long, for what we know! It might actually be better to practice in it than not, in some ways.

I dont know if by design but the coaches were not overly enthusiastic. I am confident Shai will less deer in the headlights this year.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.