TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

1. Default Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

This is just for fun gang--Inspired by Deadspin's "why your team inhale vigorouslys." Let's all share our "favorite" shameful moments in GS football history. Specifically, those moments that make you wonder why you LOVE this godforsaken program.

I'll start---In 2006, our HC and offensive coordinator decided that one of the top 3 QBs in the history of the program would be more useful as a reserve WR.

Default Re: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

Mike Houston just beat South Carolina at El Cid...GS hires Tyson Summers because reasons.

Yeah, I know, low-hanging fruit.

3. Default Re: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

Also in 2006 we lost to a non scholarship Central Connecticut State, or at least not a fully scholly team. I still have the occasional nightmare about that game and the HC responsible for that still irks me beyond belief when I see him on TV.

4. Default Re: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

That game where Fritz lost to Gag. In Paulson. Worst loss margin ever. In front of exactly 23 Gag fans.

God. I wanted to puke. I did puke.

My very first game was against Johnson C. Smith... it's all been downhill since then.

6. Default Re: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Eagle Blue View Post
    Also in 2006 we lost to a non scholarship Central Connecticut State, or at least not a fully scholly team. I still have the occasional nightmare about that game and the HC responsible for that still irks me beyond belief when I see him on TV.
    Hey look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA-DK8ccVoI

7. Default Re: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

Georgia State, 2015. The disbelief was genuinely up there with the Falcons super bowl loss. It came in waves, and I just couldn’t believe what had just transpired.

Buzz, you are ****ed up.

I'll play: Mike Sewak, double option.

Edit: to clarify, this is directed at the morons on this board who actually thought Sewak’s offense was THE problem.
    Last edited by pete4256; 7th August 2018 at 07:37 AM.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

09. South Dakota St - 44 Georgia Southern - 6

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Eagle Blue View Post
    I think our "scrimmage" opponent had 35 scholarships. That's what, D2 level?

1. Hiring Summers over many qualified experienced FCS coaches - we were FBS no reason not to, and we're not Bama so we obviously aren't hiring the next hot shot assistant OC/DC. It worked with Fritz.
    2. What Buzz said - taking the best playmaker and taking the ball out of his hands, literally.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"