Default Re: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

PTB?

2. Default Re: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    PTB?
    Powers that Be

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    What other reason is there to be a part of it? We don't play. We don't coach. We don't administrate. We don't attend school (well, most of us don't) or teach. We're fans. That's a social activity.

To me, college football is a social activity, and when it quits being fun why do it?

I do think Baker was a good AD, although I disagreed with the night games. I haven't been at all impressed by the snake oil salesmen who've taken over.

Oh, and some folks on here think they have all the answers and know everything. That sort of hubris must also be bliss.
    Ummm the actual games? I never went to any game worried about a coach or admin knowing my name or saying hello to me or hobnobbing in the Bishop building then complaining about the food or luxury suite. To be clear yes tailgating with friends and family is fun and part of it I was talking more of once the whistle blows what is more important to people the game or does CCL TK the pres etc wave to me or say hello.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Kincaid View Post
    I had the conversation with someone high up in the athletic department, not named Sam Baker, who once told me, back around 97-98, that GSU had no business going I-A and pretty much had little good to say about the Sun Belt. And trust me, this was someone who wasn't parroting Sam Baker. Or ever would.
    Guess they were dead wrong too, misery and dumb loves company I guess. Also was it Nostradamus because the Sun Belt did not have football in 97-98 the person was dumb before their time lol. I know PJ was not to high on it either but it is obvious with a competent coach even with our FCS players we can compete with even avg P5 teams. Fritz is above average but it is not like there is a shortage of above average FCS coaches like him chomping at the bit to come here or any FBS job.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Guess they were dead wrong too, misery and dumb loves company I guess. Also was it Nostradamus because the Sun Belt did not have football in 97-98 the person was dumb before their time lol. I know PJ was not to high on it either but it is obvious with a competent coach even with our FCS players we can compete with even avg P5 teams. Fritz is above average but it is not like there is a shortage of above average FCS coaches like him chomping at the bit to come here or any FBS job.
    Aw, come on. You know Paul Johnson is never dead wrong.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings