TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

Default Re: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

Watching the TV with no sound in a piano bar with a raucous crowd behind me having a good old time and seeing is trot out some nameless soccer player who didn't know how to buckle his chinstrap in a do-or-die situation for the season.

On another note, this doesn't really fall under the 'shame' category, but sometimes I swear that our near-upsets of P5's when the game seemed almost in the bag hurts me worse than any of the times when we were upset ourselves. If we hold on and beat NC State, Tech, and UGA who knows what our trajectory would have been. God, I hate saying 'if only'.

I'm disappointed in Buzz. Thought this was going to be a thread full of rosy, optimistic quotes from board members about the Summers hire. Oh well, not sure why I thought that, but it would have been a pretty funny read.

The kicking game for 2 years that cost us home field in the playoffs. No way the Bizon have as many titles as they do if we can make 20-25 yard FG's.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Worst moments in GS history for me 1998 onward off the top of my head.

1.The hiring of that d bag that use to be the DC at thUGA
    2. The hiring of Summers that nice dude that now collects a paycheck at thUGA
    3. Sam Baker in general
    4. Not moving up in 2001 when Baker said "all those teams will be moving back down"
    5. UMASS NC game loss, crappy Chattanooga weather winter weather determined more NC's than any coach ever did
    6. thUGA 2015
    7. GT 2014
    8a. WKU semi final loss
    8B. FU semi final loss
    8C. NDSU semi final loss the second one
    9. AP 100+ yard game streak ending
    10. NC State 2014
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

This thread makes me sad...

But for me
    First place: GaState 2015
    VERY close second place: Tyson Summers
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    The kicking game for 2 years that cost us home field in the playoffs. No way the Bizon have as many titles as they do if we can make 20-25 yard FG's.
    +1 bazillion

1. Ga State 2015
    2. UGA 2015
    3. Furman 2001 (playoffs)
    4. 2017
    5. 2016

I'll say it...I think the fourth-down call against UGA was right. We weren't trying to fool the defense on that play, just giving the ball to our short-yardage back to pick up a few yards. Darien Foreman got beat by a defender or else we convert that play by a few yards.

I knew we were going to lose when that game went to OT. That game was lost when we gave up the field position on the muffed punt.

*ducks*
    Last edited by BillyBob; 7th August 2018 at 08:30 AM.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by swgaeagle View Post
    Sept 10, 1994. Georgia Southern loses to West Georgia 15-14 at home.. Say it ain't so Joe....
    That was the low point for me while I was there as an undergrad. All we needed was a field goal, but Stowers wanted a bigger margin of victory. So he tried to pound it in, and we fumbled at the goal line and lost to a D2 school. Huge embarrassment, and the beginning of the end of the Stowers era.
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

The muffed punt against UGA, the QB sneak fumbled snap against NC State, and the "lateral" fumble against GA Tech.

I'm 99% certain we win all 3 of those games if those plays don't happen. The 2014-2015 teams were great...but low key cursed.