TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

Default Re: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'll say it...I think the fourth-down call against UGA was right. We weren't trying to fool the defense on that play, just giving the ball to our short-yardage back to pick up a few yards. Darien Foreman got beat by a defender or else we convert that play by a few yards.

I knew we were going to lose when that game went to OT. That game was lost when we gave up the field position on the muffed punt.

*ducks*
    Tend to agree. Bright side is, everyone got out of town safely. We win that game, we would be trying to escape as Athens burned...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    The muffed punt against UGA, the QB sneak fumbled snap against NC State, and the "lateral" fumble against GA Tech.

I'm 99% certain we win all 3 of those games if those plays don't happen. The 2014-2015 teams were great...but low key cursed.
    We win those first two, we would have had a massive amount of publicity, the NCAA would have been under huge amount of pressure to grant our bowl appeal (it was denied before the awful Navy game).

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'll say it...I think the fourth-down call against UGA was right. We weren't trying to fool the defense on that play, just giving the ball to our short-yardage back to pick up a few yards. Darien Foreman got beat by a defender or else we convert that play by a few yards.

I knew we were going to lose when that game went to OT. That game was lost when we gave up the field position on the muffed punt.

*ducks*
    No problems with the play calling in OT. I'm with you, when it went to OT I knew we were going to lose. I think the muffed punt and the refs botched the call (whistle meant play was dead and they messed up). Calls go both ways all game long, but what we can control is fielding a punt.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

4. Default Re: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    No problems with the play calling in OT. I'm with you, when it went to OT I knew we were going to lose. I think the muffed punt and the refs botched the call (whistle meant play was dead and they messed up). Calls go both ways all game long, but what we can control is fielding a punt.
    I actually remember telling my buddy "if it goes to OT, we will lose." We were out of gas.

I was hoping to hit a game winning FG in regulation.

5. Default Re: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I actually remember telling my buddy "if it goes to OT, we will lose." We were out of gas.

I was hoping to hit a game winning FG in regulation.
    Same. I knew it was a done deal when OT happened.

6. Default Re: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

I can’t think of a worse decision than the original one Buzz started off with. Essentially benching Jayson Foster has to be one of the dumbest things I can imagine. I couldn’t believe it was happening especially once we got half way through that season. I was so mad that whole season. Sort of like the last two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbetterthanpurple View Post
    I can’t think of a worse decision than the original one Buzz started off with. Essentially benching Jayson Foster has to be one of the dumbest things I can imagine. I couldn’t believe it was happening especially once we got half way through that season. I was so mad that whole season. Sort of like the last two seasons.
    Wasn't around for the 2006 season, but didn't Foster have a pretty good season at WR???

Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    Wasn't around for the 2006 season, but didn't Foster have a pretty good season at WR???
    The coaches voted him first-team Socon at WR out of pity, but the answer is “no, not really.” He was part of a rotation and played fewer than 50% of the snaps in several games, as we never developed a go-to receiver in 2006.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

9. Default Re: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    The coaches voted him first-team Socon at WR out of pity, but the answer is “no, not really.” He was part of a rotation and played fewer than 50% of the snaps in several games, as we never developed a go-to receiver in 2006.
    Yeah, towards the end of the year we started to Force the ball to him more and he actually played some QB against Furman in an option package. However, his talents were wasted at WR and Hatcher did a much better job of using him.

10. Default Re: Buzz Killington's Hall of Shame

A lot of good memories of low points on here but let's be honest...its that thing...(I'll never utter or spell out its name again...that occupied the sidelines before coach lunsford. You know...the one that had us down like 42-0 to a winless UMass team at halftime. Not even close. SMH.