TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: GS Uni-Watch

Default Re: GS Uni-Watch

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    My wish list for this season's alternates is to do something like South Carolina did:

We could make a cool helmet design using our white helmets and the back of our eagle logo blown up
    Make the unis silver with blue and white accent stripes
    I would probably be on board with this. As long as it was done right.
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Is it just pictures playing tricks on me, but it appears that although we're sticking with matte helmets, they appear to be a bit darker.

Like I said could just be a camera trick.
    The helmets displayed last Saturday were matte and did look a little darker.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

3. Default Re: GS Uni-Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    The helmets displayed last Saturday were matte and did look a little darker.
    I hope they at least match the color of the jersey. It would look goofy as hell to have an obviously navy blue jersey and an almost black helmet

I hope they at least match the color of the jersey. It would look goofy as hell to have an obviously navy blue jersey and an almost black helmet
    They actually look closer to navy now. They looked slightly lighter last year.

I liked the helmet finish we had in 2006. I wish we could go back to that but keep the grey facemask. It was a really good looking navy with metallic flake in it.

The helmets didn’t match the jersey color last season so.....

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    They actually look closer to navy now. They looked slightly lighter last year.

I liked the helmet finish we had in 2006. I wish we could go back to that but keep the grey facemask. It was a really good looking navy with metallic flake in it.
    The paint job on those lids were the biggest PITA. But I agree fresh from the paint shop they were sharp.

7. Default Re: GS Uni-Watch

The helmets were darker than the jerseys last year. I just want them to be the same tone of navy so we don't look bush league.

8. Default Re: GS Uni-Watch

The helmets were darker than the jerseys last year. I just want them to be the same tone of navy so we don't look bush league.
    +1

And, for the life of me, I do not understand the fools logic behind switching from glossy to matte helmets at the same time they switch from matte to glossy jersey numbers. So bush league.

You guys are reaching. Alabama’s helmets don’t match in finish (glossy helmets and flat jersey numbers) and color (helmets are lighter than their red jerseys). You might not like Adidas but the stuff we do get is first class and they shown that they'll treat us much better than Nike ever did.
    Last edited by Gsuwinsudont; 8th August 2018 at 12:03 PM.

10. Default Re: GS Uni-Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    You guys are reaching. Alabama’s helmets don’t match in finish (glossy helmets and flat jersey numbers) and color (helmets are lighter than their red jerseys). You might not like Adidas but the stuff we do get is first class and they shown that they'll treat us much better than Nike ever did.
    I'm not hating on Adidas. I'm glad they gave us a better deal than Nike, but matching the color tones of the helmets and uniforms is so simple. The exact color number for Georgia Southern True Blue is #000080 (https://www.google.com/search?q=colo...hrome&ie=UTF-8) which is what our uniforms are. It's not hard to order a line of matte helmets with the same tone. It would make our uniform look more cohesive especially on tv where colors are contrasted. I don't care what Bama does with theirs.