TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: GS Uni-Watch

Default Re: GS Uni-Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    You guys are reaching. Alabama’s helmets don’t match in finish (glossy helmets and flat jersey numbers) and color (helmets are lighter than their red jerseys). You might not like Adidas but the stuff we do get is first class and they shown that they'll treat us much better than Nike ever did.
    My only complaint from Adidas is those 1" wide numbers.

Apparently it is a hard thing..... You might not care about Bama but look around at the rest of the sport. We are not the only ones with the “issue”. Heck I’d prefer the color matched too. My point however was if we are “bush league” then we are member of a very non exclusive club.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I'm not hating on Adidas. I'm glad they gave us a better deal than Nike, but matching the color tones of the helmets and uniforms is so simple. The exact color number for Georgia Southern True Blue is #000080 (https://www.google.com/search?q=colo...hrome&ie=UTF-8) which is what our uniforms are. It's not hard to order a line of matte helmets with the same tone. It would make our uniform look more cohesive especially on tv where colors are contrasted. I don't care what Bama does with theirs.
    I may be completely wrong with this but could it be that the colors( #00080) are the same but look different due to the material they are on??

I'm not hating on Adidas. I'm glad they gave us a better deal than Nike, but matching the color tones of the helmets and uniforms is so simple. The exact color number for Georgia Southern True Blue is #000080 (https://www.google.com/search?q=colo...hrome&ie=UTF-8) which is what our uniforms are. It's not hard to order a line of matte helmets with the same tone. It would make our uniform look more cohesive especially on tv where colors are contrasted. I don't care what Bama does with theirs.
    And then when the players get wet or sweaty and the jerseys get darker, then they won't match anyway. It's not like we are Delaware that has navy jerseys and royal helmets. The colors are not THAT far off.

I have never heard one person complain about two different colors on the helmets and jerseys except on this board.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post

I have never heard one person complain about two different colors on the helmets and jerseys except on this board.
    September 1 needs to hurry up.

Have you put a spectrometer on our uniforms to know what color they are?

Or are you just grasping?

If you'd read the Visual Identity Standards, you'd know our blue is actually #041E42. 000080 is actually closer to Gast's colors.

In any case, colors can look different based on the rate of light absorption/refraction of the material. Typically fabrics are done by PENTONE equivalents, in this case it would be 282.

7. Default Re: GS Uni-Watch

Just so y'all know Adidas isn’t in charge of painting and decaling the helmets. It’s usually equipment staff and interns for the football team that handle all of that & they work very hard on it so if the coloring is a little off oh well. And honestly the jersey’s haven’t changed at all since the days of Erk minus a few decals stop being so nitpicky and be happy that Summers is gone and we have a new season to look forward too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    September 1 needs to hurry up.
    BINGO!!!!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

It is obvious that most on here have never tried to match navy blue shoes with a navy blue outfit. Different materials are very difficult to match.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Have you put a spectrometer on our uniforms to know what color they are?

Or are you just grasping?

If you'd read the Visual Identity Standards, you'd know our blue is actually #041E42. 000080 is actually closer to Gast's colors.

In any case, colors can look different based on the rate of light absorption/refraction of the material. Typically fabrics are done by PENTONE equivalents, in this case it would be 282.
    Look at you go! 😂