TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fanfest Scrimmage Thread

Default Fanfest Scrimmage Thread

Are you coming?

And if you are, list the things you're going to pay particularly close attention to.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Default Re: Fanfest Scrimmage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Are you coming?

And if you are, list the things you're going to pay particularly close attention to.
    I'll be there. LB play, O-line play. I want to see what they do with Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I'll be there. LB play, O-line play. I want to see what they do with Carter.
    I agree on those two areas and am curious to see CJ Wright and Quin Williams in person.

what time does it start?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

The Statesboro Coaches Caravan is sold out! Hopefully that means we will have a good crowd at the scrimmage.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

I want to see if I see any overall improvement since the spring game. During the TS Error, from the very first spring game until the USA game I saw no improvement. I want to see overall incremental improvement each scrimmage and then each game.

I will be there practicing my tailgating, running the generators, getting the RV ready... Hopefully I will steadily improve as the season goes along.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Consistency.. of any sort.

Basic, fundamental running, pitching, passing (some)..blocking, pass coverage..

Just good fundamental football. I think if we do that, then I leave feeling good about things.

I think sloppy play of any sort is a bad sign of so many things that are (could be ) wrong.. and we have all seen it before.

Having said that.. I don't think that will be the case, and we will see good fundamentals executed. If we can do that we will continue to grow and have a good year.

8. Default Re: Fanfest Scrimmage Thread

I knew we were doomed in 2016 when. It took 4 weeks to fix false start issues caused by a verbal cadence.

I agree that clean/fundamental football is all I need at this point.

Competence.

When I saw how crisp, clean, and well coached we were against NC State in 2014, I couldn't believe it. Another reason I'm a big Fritz fan. We looked pretty damn amazing right out of the gate. Sign of competent coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I knew we were doomed in 2016 when. It took 4 weeks to fix false start issues caused by a verbal cadence.

I agree that clean/fundamental football is all I need at this point.

Competence.

When I saw how crisp, clean, and well coached we were against NC State in 2014, I couldn't believe it. Another reason I'm a big Fritz fan. We looked pretty damn amazing right out of the gate. Sign of competent coaching.
    +1000, that really was amazing. Kind of got us spoiled. But I'm hoping we come out vs SC State looking and playing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1000, that really was amazing. Kind of got us spoiled. But I'm hoping we come out vs SC State looking and playing like that.
    I think we should see that kind of discipline under again Lunsford. The first six games of the year last year we averaged 7.5 penalties a game for 68.5 per game. That number is pretty skewed because we only had 8 penalties combined the first two games. After Lunsford took over Georgia Southern had 5.3 penalties per game giving up an average of 39.5 yards a game. That number is skewed by the Georgia State game where the Eagles had 8 penalties. That was the only time in the last six games Georgia Southern had more than five penalties.