TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Per Sports Center: All Georgia Southern's games except Clemson are winnable

Default Re: Per Sports Center: All Georgia Southern's games except Clemson are winnable

Some people are just delusional

Default Re: Per Sports Center: All Georgia Southern's games except Clemson are winnable

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Some analysts have said it will be the best defensive line in college football in the past two decades. Could be a bit of a hyperbole, but either way there's no reason to think they won't absolutely destroy our offensive line. We would be lucky to get 10 offensive points in this game.
    I just hope we hold our own for a while and don't have any injuries .. we should be 2-1 after game with an off week then two more at home ... IMO feel we will be 4-1 after that stretch
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Some analysts have said it will be the best defensive line in college football in the past two decades. Could be a bit of a hyperbole, but either way there's no reason to think they won't absolutely destroy our offensive line. We would be lucky to get 10 offensive points in this game.
    We were told we wouldn't get into Alabama territory.

Of course, the thing that's going to work against us is that Clemson is playing option teams in 3 of their first four games and they scheme against Tech well.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    We were told we wouldn't get into Alabama territory.

Of course, the thing that's going to work against us is that Clemson is playing option teams in 3 of their first four games and they scheme against Tech well.
    Honest question to everyone, not just you billybob. But does anyone really think that if we ran fritzs style of offense that we would have done that well against that defense? Not a chance and not even close. The key to the flex was it happened to fast for them to stop it, offensive line chopping you very quickly plus throwing in the misdirection of it. If we had our 2015 team, as good and as fun as it was we would not have done anything like we did in 2011 against them. There are so many teams that run a read option from the gun, like 80%of g5 teams that defenses see it a lot more. I think people forget how unique the flex is or at least was, no matter what team we played it was going to hit them in the mouth. I truly felt every game we played was winnable. Now not so much.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

5. Default Re: Per Sports Center: All Georgia Southern's games except Clemson are winnable

I see almost no way we score an offensive point in the Clemson game. Gonna be honest.

The Auburn and WVU games have taught me alot.

If this were a GOOD GS team, maybe 10-17 points.

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    Honest question to everyone, not just you billybob. But does anyone really think that if we ran fritzs style of offense that we would have done that well against that defense? Not a chance and not even close. The key to the flex was it happened to fast for them to stop it, offensive line chopping you very quickly plus throwing in the misdirection of it. If we had our 2015 team, as good and as fun as it was we would not have done anything like we did in 2011 against them. There are so many teams that run a read option from the gun, like 80%of g5 teams that defenses see it a lot more. I think people forget how unique the flex is or at least was, no matter what team we played it was going to hit them in the mouth. I truly felt every game we played was winnable. Now not so much.
    Not only do I disagree with you, I think the 2014 team would've done better, and maybe the 2015 team, too. The 2014 team would've beat Florida by 3 or 4 touchdowns, too. I'd also argue UGA's 2015 defense was better than their 2012 defense, so Fritz has the 2012 team outdone there.

Now I'm not expecting us to get Clemson's D to budge, but that has more to do with the fact that it's early in the season and I think Brent Venables might be the best DC in college football and knows how to scheme against option offenses.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Not only do I disagree with you, I think the 2014 team would've done better, and maybe the 2015 team, too. The 2014 team would've beat Florida by 3 or 4 touchdowns, too. I'd also argue UGA's 2015 defense was better than their 2012 defense, so Fritz has the 2012 team outdone there.

Now I'm not expecting us to get Clemson's D to budge, but that has more to do with the fact that it's early in the season and I think Brent Venables might be the best DC in college football and knows how to scheme against option offenses.
    Yep we wont agree on this one.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

2014 team was better than the 2011 team and just as physical. Bama would have been sweating that game even more at the end against the 2014 squad.

Also the 2014 team would have smoked Florida, just like the 2013 team should have.

2015 team would have been interesting against Bama, mainly because if they weren't able to break big plays they didn't keep the chains moving as well as the 2014 team did. It would be an interesting matchup.

I think you're absolutely right about the flex, but a little wrong on the Fritz. I (maybe wrongly) view Fritz' GS Offense as a little more complex than much of the 'genera-spread' (pete's term) that a lot of teams run. Really hard to say how each might have done in the other's shoes, but I do think the flex's uniqueness was a benefit in both the 'Bama and Florida games.

10. Default Re: Per Sports Center: All Georgia Southern's games except Clemson are winnable

Yes. After witnessing what Fritz and his offense did at NC State, at GT and at UGA why they heck wouldn’t you think he could perform as well against Alabama as we did in 2011? IIRC our offense scored 14pts at Alabama, so let’s not act like it was a once in a lifetime miracle offensive performance that can never be duplicated, with or without the flex.