TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GS Athletics New Branding and New Strategic Plan

1. Default Re: GS Athletics New Branding and New Strategic Plan

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Because we keep changing stuff.......

When is the last time GT or UGA (or any major D1 team) changed any of its logos?

A brand needs consistency. A new logo every 5 years ain’t a brand.
    I mean, GT just changed their shade of gold a few months ago. Does that count?

Default Re: GS Athletics New Branding and New Strategic Plan

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^ All day long!!!!!

Why did they mess with stuff in the first place??

Paying consultants millions to come up with some stuff because "different" will never change the fact that our original logo is far better than any of this other nonsense.
    We never paid anyone millions.

Plus, in 1997 when all the new logo styles came out there were very few companies producing the medallion logo on merchandise. There were was an extreme mess of variants out there when companies DID produce athletic wear and there was no brand consistency. Connie Palfy and crew did a great job of rallying around some athletic branding.

I wasn't wild about adding the Georgia Southern wording under the Eagle head a few years ago but anything was an improvement to get rid of the flying skunk logo as one of the primary marks.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

I actually liked the flying skunk. I was not sad to see it go, however. It was a cool alternate, but should have never been a primary.

Just the plain eagle head is great as a simplistic primary athletic logo, and the addition of the words Georgia Southern make it a great word mark.

I know it is "that school up north", but take a look at their trademarks and licensing: https://brand.uga.edu/trademarks

Going with similar categorization I could see us using logos like this being interesting:

Primary Marks: the eagle head
    Secondary Marks (equivalent to UGA's "Bulldog Marks"): the eagle head medallion
    Word Marks: the eagle head with "Georgia Southern" & the eagle head medallion with "Georgia Southern"
    Additional Athletic Marks: GS (baseball script) & Struttin' Gus
    Academic Marks: athletic seal
    OAS AAS LLS

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    LITTLE LOUDER as this applies to all logos that have come after the medallion

“Just simplicity,” said Roy. “If you get too fanciful, logos get out of fashion quickly.”

Dodged a bullet with some of these

That GS is not bad though
    Goodness gracious, technology has come a long way during my lifetime. "Get your pencils and draw me some logos, look in some of the style books over in the library of you need to, then run over and have the secretary mimeograph a couple dozen copies to take over to the school."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    We never paid anyone millions.

Plus, in 1997 when all the new logo styles came out there were very few companies producing the medallion logo on merchandise. There were was an extreme mess of variants out there when companies DID produce athletic wear and there was no brand consistency. Connie Palfy and crew did a great job of rallying around some athletic branding.

I wasn't wild about adding the Georgia Southern wording under the Eagle head a few years ago but anything was an improvement to get rid of the flying skunk logo as one of the primary marks.
    Is this the one I call the twisted chicken? You're talking about 1peat's avatar!

Because we keep changing stuff.......

When is the last time GT or UGA (or any major D1 team) changed any of its logos?

A brand needs consistency. A new logo every 5 years ain’t a brand.
    GT's logo is a GT, and uga's logo is a G. No real issue in knowing who the logo belongs to, which was my point.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

7. Default Re: GS Athletics New Branding and New Strategic Plan

TK the king of branding. All her ever talks about.

8. Default Re: GS Athletics New Branding and New Strategic Plan

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
    The Best

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    GT's logo is a GT, and uga's logo is a G. No real issue in knowing who the logo belongs to, which was my point.
    You talking about Grambling or Green Bay?
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

10. Default Re: GS Athletics New Branding and New Strategic Plan

In regards to doing what the big boys do, I posted this in a thread a while ago:

Academic logo:

Primary Athletic:

Secondary Athletic: