TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: GS Athletics New Branding and New Strategic Plan

Default Re: GS Athletics New Branding and New Strategic Plan

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    The problem for me is that the baseball GS isn't so much a logo as it is two very plain letters, barely stylized and oddly so.

If if there was a way to tastefully incorporate GS into the academic logo or alongside it that would be ideal to me, but I have no idea how to approach it.
    I think this is my issue with that logo as well. I know some programs have a distinct logo that is just a letter, but there is something to it that identifies the school. The baseball GS is just...different sized letters.

As long as the G and the S are the same size (which they are now, not sure how they got out of wack in the Fritz era), I'm not picky about the logos.

Eagle Head with Georgia Southern under it is the best to me !

Went to school with the strutting Eagle. First time I ever saw the Medallion, I loved it. It was painted on an overpass on I16 and I knew what it stood for but when I said look at that, the other two people in the car said "what the hell is It. The wrapped wings never quite did it for me. The eagle head with GS was OK. The reason I like the Eagle head with Georgia Southern under it is because when I go in a school or to a rec department or MS/HS game it promotes the school name. I wear that logo everywhere I can. The GS looks good but outside our region a very vast majority don't know what it stands for. Glad Cole wears it but wish it had Georgia Southern University wrapped around it or under it.

I'm 63 years old and I still have clothes with all the logos on them and wear around town but when I go somewhere I've the words Georgia Southern on me, be it a hat a shirt or pants. I'm having a navy blue PFG embroidered with GC on the back of the collar and the eagle head with Georgia Southern under it on the bottom each sleeve and Georgia Southern Eagles on the flap of the pocket. Promote don't make them guess.
    "If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”
    Tom Krause
    "If the plan doesn't work, then change the plan, NOT the GOAL!" Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by WEAGLE View Post
    Eagle Head with Georgia Southern under it is the best to me !

Went to school with the strutting Eagle. First time I ever saw the Medallion, I loved it. It was painted on an overpass on I16 and I knew what it stood for but when I said look at that, the other two people in the car said "what the hell is It. The wrapped wings never quite did it for me. The eagle head with GS was OK. The reason I like the Eagle head with Georgia Southern under it is because when I go in a school or to a rec department or MS/HS game it promotes the school name. I wear that logo everywhere I can. The GS looks good but outside our region a very vast majority don't know what it stands for. Glad Cole wears it but wish it had Georgia Southern University wrapped around it or under it.

I'm 63 years old and I still have clothes with all the logos on them and wear around town but when I go somewhere I've the words Georgia Southern on me, be it a hat a shirt or pants. I'm having a navy blue PFG embroidered with GC on the back of the collar and the eagle head with Georgia Southern under it on the bottom each sleeve and Georgia Southern Eagles on the flap of the pocket. Promote don't make them guess.
    That's a dang good Eagle right there!