Troy
    ArkSt
    App second to last in the country

Fun Fact thUGA's joke sos is only 14 spots higher than UL
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

2. Default Re: Sun Belt SOS based off of CBS rankings

I would have figured ours would be switched with Arkansas State's. Outside of Clemson we don't play nobody.

Default Re: Sun Belt SOS based off of CBS rankings

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I would have figured ours would be switched with Arkansas State's. Outside of Clemson we don't play nobody.
    Clemson skewing us waaaaayyyy up. If we were playing a fake P5 like Wake we would be dead last probably.

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Clemson skewing us waaaaayyyy up. If we were playing a fake P5 like Wake we would be dead last probably.

yup.

We should never be lower than a 7 win team solely based off the fact we are in the sun belt.

5. Default Re: Sun Belt SOS based off of CBS rankings

I don't see how Ark St is so low then. They play Bama, an AAC, and a MWC. We play Clemson and two low level independents.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    yup.

We should never be lower than a 7 win team solely based off the fact we are in the sun belt.
    NEVER especially now that we have went down to just one P5 game. If a coach at minimum cant win the FCS game, win at least 6 of 8 Belt games and split the G5 games please fire yourself because you are in the wrong profession. The bowl game is whatever as long as we dont get blown out. You never know who you are going to get so at least be .500

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I don't see how Ark St is so low then. They play Bama, an AAC, and a MWC. We play Clemson and two low level independents.
    Cause their conference slate is dragging them down.

We play more higher ranked teams in conference than they do because we're one of the lower ranked teams. Basically we're part of why stAte's SoS is so low.

NEVER especially now that we have went down to just one P5 game. If a coach at minimum cant win the FCS game, win at least 6 of 8 Belt games and split the G5 games please fire yourself because you are in the wrong profession. The bowl game is whatever as long as we dont get blown out. You never know who you are going to get so at least be .500
    I can see the Troy, Ark St, and Appy game as games that should always be close and therefore no shame in losing to any of them (unless it's an every year sort of thing). I can forsee years where we could potentially lose to all three at the same time and not make it to your magical minimum of at least 6 SB wins. Especially when every other year, two of those three games are on the road. I'm not saying I'll like it, but am not calling for the coach to be immediately fired if it happens.

We can think that we are the high and mighty GS Eagles and we should never lose to anyone, and we can say that the SunBelt inhales vigorously and we are leaps and bounds better than everyone, but the reality is that we are not a superpower playing against pop warner teams like many of you appear to believe. 9 or 10 wins a season is not a birth right, and there are going to be times when we are 7-5 or 8-4 and everything will be just fine. We don't need to be firing a coach just because he went 7-5 once (which is basically what you said in your post).
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Alabama plays Ark St., UL, AND The Citadel this season? How'd they get away with that?
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyGS View Post
    Alabama plays Ark St., UL, AND The Citadel this season? How'd they get away with that?
    They almost never play anyone tough out of conference, except for some of the "classic" type neutral site games to start the season.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive